Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Magnesium...You, YES YOU... Need more...  (Read 248 times)

Offline Ezekiel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Magnesium...You, YES YOU... Need more...
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:05:20 AM »
This is an excellent article of magnesium, I believe I've posted one before.  But MANY misdiagnosed ailments, or ailments that don't show up under medical tests can be attributed to lack of magnesium.  A major cause of heart attacks is magnesium deficiency and the deficiency does not show up in blood tests because only 1% of magnesium is stored in the bodies blood.

Magnesium supplements are very cheap - unless you prefer going to an expensive health products store to get a name brand designer magnesium, I'd suggest asking your doctor for a prescription for the real heavy duty stuff.  I can get months supply which is (2) 400mg tablets per day, for only $4.00.

Here's a good quote from the article I'm going to link on the subject...

Few people are aware of the enormous role magnesium plays in our bodies. Magnesium is by far the most important mineral in the body. After oxygen, water, and basic food, magnesium may be the most important element needed by our bodies; vitally important, yet hardly known. It is more important than calcium, potassium or sodium and regulates all three of them. Millions suffer daily from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it

Read more here...

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-and-diagnosis
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Magnesium...You, YES YOU... Need more...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:59:11 AM »
Ezekiel do you know what kind of magnesium you are taking. I have heard some are not absorbed by the body that well. what is the point in taking something that is not doing you that much good. what I bought and am taking is magnesium oxide and that is the one they say are not absorbed. I asked the dr for a script and she wouldn't give me one doing a magnesium test.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lfiasche

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »
 I have heard the same. I bought a product called Natural Calm. Its magnesium citrate. The citrate is supposed to be one of the better absorbed ones.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ezekiel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »
I'm using Magnesium oxide.  400mg in the morning and 400mg at night.

See how many mg of magnesium are in your pills and how many times a day do you take them?

I also take PhytoVitamins which are natural, cause my wife is sold on them, however the amount of vitamins in them is minuscule and they want you to take 3 pills a day!  CHA-CHING!  But I only take 1 B-Complex and 1 Mutli-Vitamin in the morning.  It would drain my bank account if we were both taking 3 pills a day of each of those.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
Magnesium supplements make me feel really sick. I was taking one for 3 days and on the third day, I started to feel really sick. And so I stopped. And then, a few days afterwards, I took another. And I started to feel sick again. And it happens if I take it after a meal as well. I had to use process of elimination to find out that it was the magnesium because I was taking 3 supplements at the time. I initially thought it was the combination of all three - but that isn't true. It is the magnesium alone that caused it. So if I didn't feel sick after taking them, I would (I still have like a whole tub of magnesium).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ezekiel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »
Interesting.  I know when I first started taking them they acted almost like a laxative.  But that subsided after a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: