Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight Loss Fears  (Read 161 times)

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
Weight Loss Fears
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:03:51 PM »
For the last couple years I have been loosing weight. I have had had numerous check-ups and everything is fine. The only thing different is that I am on testosterone therapy. IT started about 3 years ago when I went on a low card diet. I dropped 25 pounds fast, in like a month. after that, I notice that if I don't eat  or eat lightly, I loose weight. I have been heavy all my life, until 3 years ago. Im not sure if its the anxiety or the testosterone or maybe something sinister like cancer. My check-ups are fine and my blood tests are normal. Today for example, I have an egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast and for dinner I had a salad with some rice and mackerel. I just weighed myself and I am 213. Yesterday I was 215.5
Im 5'11 so I am not thin or underweight. I am supposed to be around 177 if you go by the book. 4 years ago I was 245. I have been 245 for the prior 15 years. Its just that I notice that it is very easy for me to shed weight these days. Does this sound like something wrong?
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Offline fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight Loss Fears
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:53:38 PM »
You changed your diet, so weight loss is normal and it happens slowly over time. If your check ups are ok, I wouldn't worry about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:57 AM »
Don't go by weighing yourself daily - your weight fluctuates up to three pounds  each day (taking let's say when you first get up, dressed the same way) - I KNOW that because I'm a daily weigher...   I will fluctuate between 127 and 130 - one DAY it will be 128, the next day 130, then 130 again, then 127.5 the very NEXT day.  That's just how it is.  "Unexplained" weight loss is WITHOUT dieting, eating the SAME, and losing 10% of your body weight in 6 months.
You started low carbs, you started a hormone.  So your weight loss is EXPLAINED and with what you have been doing (the low carbs and hormones) you SHOULD be losing weight!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »
Your weight can and will move up and down daily - easily a 5 lbs swing can be seen depending on what you ate, how much exercise you got, when you weight yourself, etc.

If you are intent on weighing yourself every day then you need to do it at the same time and in the same manner each time, otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.  Personally, I weigh myself in the morning right after my bowel movement.  I also do it naked to eliminate different clothes causing the scale to go up or down.
Bookmark and Share