Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety rockets at weekends  (Read 98 times)

Offline phil_t2cs

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety rockets at weekends
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
The weekends are a nightmare for me. Everyone I know loves weekends and cant wait for them. For me its just a ritual battle of increased anxiety and really low mood. If my weeks could be Sunday to Friday only I'd be a happier man.

Hate Saturday nights and the associated troubles. All of my own making of course.  Alcohol is my only solace yet I know its not any kind of answer to my problems. Length of rope and a rickety stool could sort this out for good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline never quit

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety rockets at weekends
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
I've been there. Am often still there. Sundays in particular can be rough for me. I can share how I've dealt with it.

My antidote, or one of my antidotes to anxiety has been structure. I've tried to build it into my weekends. I go to yoga on Saturday mornings, then go to Starbucks to journal, then get groceries. Then I have a 12 step meeting then I go to the gym, and that's Saturday. On Sunday I go to a Unitarian church I like, then I sit with a meditation group. Back to Starbucks. I journal a lot. Then chores around the house and yard. Then another workout and a movie, and that's Sunday.

Planning is an excellent weapon for me in my battles with anxiety. Open time has been a real challenge. If you build some type of regular, routine activity into the weekend, it helps a lot. Drinking, well, that's a whole other post, I won't nag about that. As to the rickety stool, I know how that feels too. The only thing I'll say about that is it takes away any chance you have of becoming well. Permanently.

It took me a while to set things up this way, I had to be patient. Now weekends are sometimes even rejuvenating. Don't give up. See a shrink if you aren't already. Know that you are not alone. We're right there with you.

NQ
Bookmark and Share

Tags: