Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else do this?  (Read 78 times)

Offline lscotty1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else do this?
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
I am seeking some reassurance. Does anyone else find that they can start experiencing symptoms after reading a lot about them?? This seems to happen to me a lot, or maybe I am really about to kick the bucket. But I have my suspicions because they're sometimes I've been reading about lately. I even remember thinking I better not start experiencing these. Anyone??Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
Yes, all the time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
I am seeking some reassurance. Does anyone else find that they can start experiencing symptoms after reading a lot about them?? This seems to happen to me a lot, or maybe I am really about to kick the bucket. But I have my suspicions because they're sometimes I've been reading about lately. I even remember thinking I better not start experiencing these. Anyone??Thanks

I think that almost everyone can relate to this. Its kind of an hallmark of HA. It has been this way for me at least the last four years. It sucks, it really does, but at the same time Id rather have fake symptoms of diseases than actual ones (clinically, that is). I was diagnosed with somatoform/conversion disorder a couple of years ago (or more like three), and in essence it means that I managed to get actual neuro symptoms due to deep rooted mental health issues.

It is exceedinglt common among HA-ers and almost any anxiety sufferers to get symptoms after reading about it. So, bottom line; unless youre a doctor or otherwise able to interpret the things you read, dont read about it. Im working hard on not Googling symptoms, and it really help relieving the physical symptoms.

So to answer your question; YES, this is so common and happens to almost everyone suffering from HA
Bookmark and Share
There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.

- Dante Alighieri

Offline lscotty1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »
I was diagnosed with conversion disorder,  but I feel it was given haphazardly. That's a damn hard thing to diagnose. Somatoform disorder, perhaps. I get migraines, and read about a woman who had burning scalp as a result of her migraines. I remember thank God that doesn't happen to me and all of the stuff that she had to go through, thinking if that ever happened to me, I would freak. Guess what? About a week later, I try to go to bed and my scalp was on fire to the point where I had to wrap and ice pack around my skull. I remember thinking this is seriously anxiety, stop it. It hasn't happened again. This is about one of the hundred examples of this. It usually lasts longer. Some of my symptoms seem to never go away,  particularly the ones that I fear most. Seriously, you would think I know that this is all anxiety, but I'm honestly not convinced. What is wrong with me?!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: