Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What to do when you're not anxious?  (Read 211 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
What to do when you're not anxious?
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
So I've finally began to manage my anxiety and what I'm wondering is does anyone have the problem of not knowing what to do with yourself when you're not caught up in your anxiety?

I suppose this is directed to those who don't have children or friends they can visit or jobs--and even school. Those who just sit around the house and don't have anything to do with themselves.

Because now since I don't have like constant anxious thoughts it's almost like my mind is empty and I don't know what to do with myself and then that anxiousness kinda wants to start creeping in because there's no thoughts roaming my mind.

Does that make sense?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What to do when you're not anxious?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
That makes perfect since....now since you are feeling better I would suggest taking up a hobby or join a group of folks doing something you enjoy doing so you can meet some friend and start going out for coffee, lunch, etc.   Seems one major key to anxiety is distraction.  Hope you find some ways to keep yourself busy soon!  Keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
Thank you! I know I really need to get into something social considering I've been here in this new state for a year now and I still don't have any friends or a job. BUT I'm planning on getting a job very soon. I will most definitely keep everyone posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 02:15:38 AM »
KV, I had that some issue when I was dealing with anxiety.  What do I do in my free time?  Mostly I was trying to figure out a cure for my GAD.

But now that Klonopin has knocked out my anxiety, I'm devoting my free time to things that are meaningful to me.  I lead a GAD meetup group.  I'm taking
a novel writing class online to help me finish my second book.  I'm dating and seeing friends.  I come to these boards and try to encourage people.
You can always explore a new hobby, etc. too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »
I play video games. But then I've always been a pretty huge introvert and don't mind being alone or with nowhere to go. Right now im playing a game where you control stuffed penguins with peg legs that explode when touched in hell to collect a dessert for an insane overlord.

http://youtu.be/p976z5kzfI4

Like this. The whole game is like this. and it really helps distract me when i just can't get my mind off anxious stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 08:11:42 PM »
I found out that I really love birds. I've loved birds all my life. I put out some feeders on my balcony, and watched the various birds that came to feed. I am also a lover of photography, so they are a wonderful mix. I am going to join the Audubon society as a full member when I have the money. I would have never known about this unless I watched my surroundings. I do have a job, but I don't have any friends willing to just hang out anytime without some huge plan, which I rarely do. I don't have kids, or pets, so after work, I just never know what to do.

Try looking outside. If you see a nice trail nearby, try walking. If you have open areas to plant a garden, do that (though now it would be more of just getting it ready for next year). Use your surroundings and maybe even your past to dig up any hobbies that you may have forgotten you loved.

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MITRush

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »
My advice would be (when you are not feeling anxious) to start the exciting adventure of finding your passions.  Things that challenge you, things that help you feel peaceful, things that make you curious of life.  A good attitude shift would be from approaching everything with fear to approaching everything with curiosity.  You can slowly rebuild your life, and the more other people are involved, the better.  The best medicine around is to be around other people.  This is great that you've been given a break, but know that for normal feelings to return, you have to re-engage with life.  Always err on the side of activity until you can say you feel like yourself again.  If you start feeling anxious again, the best thing you can do for yourself is to "float through" and continue to stay engaged with people and activities.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »
Thank you all so much for replying, you've all given me great advice and I appreciate it oh so much!
I'm trying my hardest to get involved in things, I'm going to try and find a job (Since I've moved to a new state a year ago this week) and I still don't have any friends all I have is my family and sometimes family can help so much until you feel like you're trapped in that circle as well you know?

I think I'm beginning to have anxiety about not having anxiety because I don't have an outlet, I don't have friends to go hang out with, I'm in a new state so things are still foreign to me in a way and I don't feel all that comfortable here yet and it's stressful.

Sometimes I just want to move back to where I was before but I don't want to leave my family here since I know they'd stay here and I wouldn't be able to live comfortably knowing they were so far away.

I feel like I'm stuck between two rocks at the moment and I don't know how to get unstuck. It's like I settled my anxiety and now I don't know what to do with myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »
sometimes i dont know how to feel when im not anxious, its like my body grows accustom to always hurting and being on edge
Bookmark and Share

Tags: