Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about clot or embolism  (Read 222 times)

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about clot or embolism
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »
I posted awhile back and have been about in my right ribs middle of the way down to the bottom. I've been worried it was cancer and other things. Thought it could be kidney pancreas and gallbladder. I wouldn't be so worried about it had it not been persistent for months.

The pain increases with a deep breath somewhat. Also twisting the totes will increase it. It's worst in the morning when laying. It will not be as bad throughout the day. But it persists through the day. It doesn't feel like a typical muscle strain.

I've had some test within the past weeks. Including an ultrasound, bloodtests, and  urine tests. The next thing suggested by the doctor was an mri or a ct scan.

My worry for some reason has jumped to a blood clot or a pulmonary embolism. I don't know why but I can't get that worry out of my head. I don't really want to search symptoms as that will just increase problems. Though what I'm experiencing is the pain of course and then shortness of breath though that could be me thinking about it. I mowed the lawn and tried to jog and was kind if short of breath though the pain didn't increase. Someone give some ideas as to what it could be or what I should do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about clot or embolism
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
No idea what it could be. I can make some guesses from what I have found in my own worries about pain.

I would highly doubt it's a blood clot or PE. Would have showed up on the tests. Are you sure it's not simply muscle related?? Like have you tried pressing in between your ribs to see if that causes any pain? Right sided pain tends to be related to the digestive system for what ever reason.

Have you asked your doctor what you thnk it could be? What they are looking for and whether you should be worried?
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »
It may be muscular or GI related, not a blood clot. Blood clots or embolisms are more likely from an injury, which you did not have.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »
Perhaps costochrondritis. It is an inflammation around the ribs and there can be referred pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
I thought it could be constochondritis bit it's mainly in my back along the lower part of my right side along the ribs. I also thought it may be muscular but it's not feeling like any muscle related pain I've dealt with. I can't figure it out. I don't know why I have the clot worry but it won't leave my thoughts now. Stretching the area doesn't help anything. Eating doesn't change anything. And it's be persistent for awhile now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
I've felt around the back of my ribs and have found a mass like area that is somewhat near where the pain is originating from. It's slightly sore to touch but not as sore as it would be to move and cause that area pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »
It could be a trigger point knot.
That would not be a clot or embolism.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: