Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: dizzy, nauseous, weak, shaky :(  (Read 363 times)

Offline dee_tee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dizzy, nauseous, weak, shaky :(
« on: August 16, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with what I think is anxiety for the past 4 months. I've had every single test run that you can imagine and the doctors can't find anything. I experience dizziness, nausea, horrible shaking (which is more internal.....everyone tells me I'm crazy because they can't see it), a feeling of being disconnected, weakness like I may pass out, etc. I do not FEEL like I am anxious, although everyone tells me I am and that's why I'm feeling like this. I feel like this all the time. I'll get a few breaks throughout the day, but not many.

I am so scared it is something else that they are missing. I am starting school on Monday and have no idea how I'm going to make it through feeling like this :( Any support/advice would be so much appreciated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BFella

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizzy, nauseous, weak, shaky :(
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 05:30:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with what I think is anxiety for the past 4 months. I've had every single test run that you can imagine and the doctors can't find anything. I experience dizziness, nausea, horrible shaking (which is more internal.....everyone tells me I'm crazy because they can't see it), a feeling of being disconnected, weakness like I may pass out, etc. I do not FEEL like I am anxious, although everyone tells me I am and that's why I'm feeling like this. I feel like this all the time. I'll get a few breaks throughout the day, but not many.

I am so scared it is something else that they are missing. I am starting school on Monday and have no idea how I'm going to make it through feeling like this :( Any support/advice would be so much appreciated!

Hello Dee, have you been diagnosed with Anxiety or are you thinking that's what it is? I was in your same boat about a two months ago where this sudden onset of symptoms out of no where came on, about the exact same ones you're getting. I felt completely out of it, disconnected from the real world, like I wasn't real, dizzy, feeling like I was going to pass out all the time, just completely weird. I had every test under the sun done, 100000 blood test, MRI and CT scan of my head, ENT, Cardiologist and they all said nothing was wrong with me. Finally I was diagnosed with Anxiety, as I was when I was a kid along with ADHD, but I REFUSED to take medicine for years because I was terrified of it.

Lately, I've accepted the fact I need to be taking medicine for this so I'm on Lexapro 10MG a day now along with Xanax as needed, the Lexapro has slightly helped but it's only been 3 weeks so I've got to give it more time, the Xanax makes me completely feel normal again and relaxes my brain, thank god. I would definitely say the fear of it being something else is 100% the anxiety speaking, trying to scare you. I would try and go on medicine and maybe even see a therapist. I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are, I know how you feel and you'll get through it friend! If you have any question feel free to PM me or even reply on this thread!
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

Hello Dee, have you been diagnosed with Anxiety or are you thinking that's what it is? I was in your same boat about a two months ago where this sudden onset of symptoms out of no where came on, about the exact same ones you're getting. I felt completely out of it, disconnected from the real world, like I wasn't real, dizzy, feeling like I was going to pass out all the time, just completely weird. I had every test under the sun done, 100000 blood test, MRI and CT scan of my head, ENT, Cardiologist and they all said nothing was wrong with me. Finally I was diagnosed with Anxiety, as I was when I was a kid along with ADHD, but I REFUSED to take medicine for years because I was terrified of it.

Lately, I've accepted the fact I need to be taking medicine for this so I'm on Lexapro 10MG a day now along with Xanax as needed, the Lexapro has slightly helped but it's only been 3 weeks so I've got to give it more time, the Xanax makes me completely feel normal again and relaxes my brain, thank god. I would definitely say the fear of it being something else is 100% the anxiety speaking, trying to scare you. I would try and go on medicine and maybe even see a therapist. I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are, I know how you feel and you'll get through it friend! If you have any question feel free to PM me or even reply on this thread!

Hi BFella,

Thank you for your reply :) Every doctor that I have gone told has told me "you just have anxiety". I started seeing a psychologist but due to money issues, I can no longer afford to do that.
I feel exactly as you described - out of it, disconnected, dizzy, feeling like I'm seconds away from passing out.....shaky. The shakiness is the worst because it scares me so bad. I start feeling one of these symptoms and then my mind goes back to when all this originally started......

What happened was, I was at work and all of a sudden because very nauseous, dizzy, sweaty, etc and nearly passed out. Everyone at work called 911 and the paramedics took me to the hospital. I was having left sided weakness, so they thought I had a stroke and did a bunch of tests, all which came back negative. They kept me in the hospital for awhile and ran some more tests and could come up with nothing. Fast forward a week later, and I was back in the ER for a racing heart. Once again, nothing could be found and they told me I had anxiety and I needed to relax. He gave me a prescription for Xanax and sent me on my way. Looking back on it all, this all started after I had gone through the most stressful time in my life. I was/still am going through a very rigorous academic program, my car broke down and I had to buy a new one, I'm in the midst of planning a wedding.....there's just a lot going on :(

Ever since then though, I just haven't been the same. I wake up and the second I wake up, I'm trembling and getting these horrible dropping feelings in my stomach. NO ONE around me understands what I'm going through. They all say I am doing it to myself, just stop, get it together......the list could go on and on.

I am starting school tomorrow and I am SO SCARED that I am going to have these feelings in class and something bad is going to happen. Ever since that happened at work, I have this horrible, terrifying fear of passing out. I cannot get over it.

I do not take medication and I am reluctant to do so. I'm afraid of taking it and then eventually getting off of it and having rebounding effects.

I so desperately want to feel like my old self. I never used to be like this. I am so scared that I am stuck like this forever. I have a wedding coming up and I want to be able to enjoy it without feeling these symptoms all the time :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
When you were at the ER or anytime during your doctor visits, did they ever test your blood sugar? Also, did they test for vitamin deficiencies? I had these exact symptoms. Woke up, started shaking. Dizzy and nauseous all day. I found out I was deficient in zinc. I take a supplement and am gradually feeling better. I still get it though partially from anxiety.

Do you notice you get these feelings more 2-3 hours after eating? Is it more intense if you eat a high carb/sugary meal? if you answered yes to either of those, then see if the doctors can test for insulin resistance, hypoglycemia, or even diabetes. I doubt it's diabetes, but the others are possible. My parents are diabetic, and so I would always test my blood sugar when I felt worse. When I realized it was always normal, I convinced the doctors to run the vitamin tests. The first two are pretty easy fixes of diet and lifestyle changes. If you don't feel more intense symptoms then, maybe try for the vitamin deficiencies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MITRush

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
If your symptoms are feeling off-balance, feelings of unreality, maybe a tight pressure around your neck/ scalp, then it is most certainly depersonalization/ derealization, which is usually either onset by continuous anxiety/ panic/ worry or a traumatic event.  It's nothing to be afraid of, but it is a disturbing symptom.  If you want a medication-free approach read Paul David's At Last A Life and Claire Weeke's Hope and Help For Your Nerves.  Paul talks about the depersonalization and how to recover, and Claire Weekes refers to it as giddiness.  These books will give you the right attitude and overall philosophy of recovery, and with a good CBT book thrown in there you can be well on your way.

I don't have the time anymore to talk in detail or I would - so now when people mention these symptoms, I just redirect them to these books.  Take note that reading them once might not be enough for every important detail to sink in.  You might have to reread many times before you "get it."
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
Thanks Scye27 and MITRush,

Scye27 - I actually just went to the doctor to get my blood sugar tested. They did a fasting glucose test. I have noticed that 2-3 hours after eating I am shaky, sweaty, dizzy, etc. I don't know if it's me expecting that symptom to happen or if it truly is my blood sugar. It is terrifying.

MITRush - I will look into those books. I think I do suffer from depersonalization/derealization. I feel like I am in a dream like state and feel kind of dizzy. Its a scary feeling!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
You may benefit from buying a home glucose meter. 2 hours after a meal, your blood sugar should be between 70-120. If it is over or under, then you have a starting point to work with.

I have something called gastric dumping syndrome. I would look that up to see if you experience any of those symptoms. I know how you feel. The dizziness, shaking, off balance all day everyday is enough to make me want to stay in bed all day. The endless tests and doctor visits are hard to take sometimes. Here is what I have, so maybe you can find some similarities (these were not self-diagnosed, they were from a doctor):

Gastric dumping syndrome
LPR (silent reflux)
Cervicogenic dizziness from my thoracic and cervical spine being out of alignment/inflamed.
GAD

Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
Hi Dee...

How are you doing ?

Any improvements?

What was the result of the glucose test?

Have a great day!
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »
Hi Never-Quit,

Thanks for checking on me! I am going tomorrow for the results......

I'm not doing too well. I am SO shaky all the time. That inner trembling feeling like you just lifted super heavy weights all day. I keep feeling totally disconnected. Like I'm in a dream-like state :( I get dizzy a lot too! I am so upset because I thought all this was improving but its getting worse. And I am ALWAYS hungry. If I let myself go too long without food I definitely panic!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »
You may benefit from an ALCAT test. Many chiropractors and acupuncturists will offer it. It's a food intolerance blood test. It's best to do it now before any foods are eliminated. Before I found out, through a similar blood test, I had a massive intolerance to all proteins in dairy, I felt like I was on another planet. The tech that processed the test said he had never seen levels as high as mine, ever. Once I cut the dairy out (I had already cut out gluten for years due to my abnormal intestine biopsy and being suggested by three doctors) and within a week or so, the extreme feelings went away. Granted, they are still here now, but not as bad. I'm sorry I keep going all over with my replies, but all of these things I looked into over the past few years, and I have done so much research that I could practically write a book at this point.

Oh I should mention that I had my food intolerance blood test done through a chiropractor because no doctor thinks those types of blood tests have enough evidence to be proven effective, especially since they came out in 2011. It has made a huge difference for me knowing which foods set me off, so I say, what do you have to lose? I have a feeling, based on your symptoms that there may be a food intolerance. While you wait for results, try to notice if a few hours after eating certain foods you find that you are worse. Obviously I don't have the degrees to give you an accurate diagnosis, but just the way you talk about certain things brings me back to the days when I didn't know I was intolerant to gluten and dairy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: