Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Diazepam?! Help please?  (Read 191 times)

Offline kayleigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Diazepam?! Help please?
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
My doctor has prescribed me 10 2mg diazepam for anxiety attacks. I'm having a severe one right now as I feel sick (I'm emetophobic) I took one 2mg tablet an hour ago but no relief.. can I take another now?
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diazepam?! Help please?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
Hi Kayleigh,
 No one here is a Doctor as you probably know and to be honest you need to call a Pharmacy or the Doctor and ask how far apart you are allowed to take them .  I know what drug that is and odds are it wouldn't hurt you but I honestly don't know that for sure and everyone is different on meds and react differently .  try and calm down and breatheeeee use distraction and positive self talk okay .

I would call first before taking or did the doctor say when he wrote them you can take more ?

take care and I hope by now it is easing up.
Peace
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:37:55 PM »
Hi Kayleigh, stay in thepresent moment.  Nothing bad is going to happen to you.

I'm not a doctor, but usually, it's 4 hours between doses of an anii-anxisrty drug.  My docor prescribed .5 mgs of klonopin, but I had a firein my house this past winter and was very, very upset.  I calledher and she told me thatI could take another klonopn in addition to the one I had already taken.

Sure hopeyou're feeling better.

Best regards,

Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
My doctor has prescribed me 10 2mg diazepam for anxiety attacks. I'm having a severe one right now as I feel sick (I'm emetophobic) I took one 2mg tablet an hour ago but no relief.. can I take another now?

I have used Xanax,Ativan, Klonopin and Valium.  - for over 20 years, at different times.

I have been using valium at 10 mg per night for the last 10+ years daily, along with my Prozac 40 mg.

So I can only share my experience...

I am a little surprised, did the doctor give you a blister pack of 10 pills - 2mg each? ...."Kind of try this!"... :winking0008:

IME -Most doctor in the U.S. will prescribe a 30 day supply starting with 5 mg and not 2 mg... (because it not as potent as Klonopin or the other BZD)

IME:  Valium is least potent of the BZD I have used, (but still one of the best!) most people I know will start getting some results at 5 mg.  Most people will do well on 10 mg.  And some will need even higher dosages, but most doctor will now prescribe klonopin at .5, since 

The PDR states:
Management of Anxiety Disorders and Relief of Symptoms of Anxiety.   Depending upon severity of symptoms—2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily

So, the maximum dose recommended is about 40 mg/day.  (your entire pack has 2 mg X 10 tabs = 20 mg.) 

Your doctor is being responsible for giving you the lowest possible dose, with Valium - for myself, my wife, and friends who have taken them - they didn't start to feel any effect until they get 5 mg minimum, and actually would go to 10 mg for controlling anxiety.

IME:  You can take another 2 mg tab (you are now at 4 mg)  - you should feel some effect in about 30 minutes, if not ... wait another hour and take an additional 2 mg tablet (total of 6 mg).

I wouldn't higher than 6 mg at this time without first speaking with your Dr.    Just to be on the SAFE side...

(Even 6 mg of Valium is not even equal to .5 of Klonopin) - so it is a very safe and low dose you are taking.  :yes:

We used Valium in the old days , but  doctors now prescribe Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin - because they are just so much more effective at lower doses for controlling anxiety and Anxiety/Panic attacks.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions... :happy0151:

Let us know how you do on Valium  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 06:07:04 AM »
2mg seems like SUCH an INCREDIBLY LOW DOSE!! I was on 10mg 3 times per day for 6-9 months, but I'm a pretty large person AND I am very Benzo-tolerant. I am not a Dr. either. However, I AM CERTAIN that another one won't hurt you UNLESS you are taking Opiates (Narcotic Pain Meds) or you're on another Benzo.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: