Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Social anxiety is crippling me  (Read 290 times)

Offline Lydia123

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Social anxiety is crippling me
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
I'm a 17 year old female,starting college in September next month. I have horribly low social self-confidence. I can never relax in social settings. I get nervous, anxious, self-conscious. I have low self-esteem and doubt my ability to be natural, to be accepted.
Alls I do is sit at home, I hardly ever go out and I'm at a point in my life where I really want to be making new friends, but it's almost impossible with this social anxiety. I think my life could be 100 times better if simply had confidence, but, try as I might, I haven't been able to muster any. I force myself to do some things, go to some social events, but so far it hasn't helped at all. I hate this crippling condition. I want a way out. It's making me depressed, I've missed out on so many opportunities in my life because of my anxiety and as I'm starting college next week I want to enjoy it and I want to get involved with class discussions and I want to make new friends ect but if this carries on I have no chance at that. I don't want to live like this anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Social anxiety is crippling me
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »
Something like this is all about belief. What you believe right now is that you are not good enough to do certain things. That is part of your subconscious mind. It is this that you have to try and change. You could try some affirmations. Stick them about your bedroom so when you enter the room all you see is positive things telling you that you are good enough to do these things. Stick them on your school books too. Keep saying them over in your head. There are web sites with loads of positive affirmations out there. Just Google them. Then write a few down. It may take a while. But you can replace those negative thoughts that you have. The more your mind views these positive words the more they will begin to sink in and push the negative ones out. From there it is up to you to believe in yourself. That you are good enough to do all these things in life. We all are. We just have to want it badly enough and be ready to fight for it. You seem like you want to change your life around. More a case of just getting that belief and going out and even doing one good thing. Just to show yourself that you can do it. Once you done one thing, you will want to do another thing. You will see that other people are accepting and kind and will even want to be your friends and help you along the way.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Social anxiety is crippling me
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
There are also videos on Youtube for meditation and positive affirmations and self esteem...it does help.
Don't give up on yourself. You matter just as much as anyone else in this world. Social anxiety does not make you any less of a person. But you must believe that for yourself. You are good enough and you are deserving as much as anyone else out there.
There will be good days and bad days...but you matter. Please believe that. There is not one perfect person in this world..we all carry faults. Some just hide it better than others. Don't give up on yourself, okay? ((hugs))
Bookmark and Share

Tags: