Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hodgkins lymphoma worry  (Read 276 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hodgkins lymphoma worry
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »
I'm worried. I might be pregnant (Have to wait another week to test). For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that when I'm tired, sometimes overtired, I start itching. I'll itch from scalp to foot, and when I feel the itching sensation, I can barely scratch or touch the area and it'll disappear and move on to another area. Also, I've noticed the past couple weeks my right knee has been hurting, particularly at night, when bending it.

I'm worried that this may be some type of lymphoma, hodgkins or otherwise. I have no palpable lymph nodes, but I'm worried this may be the early stages and now I could be pregnant, and maybe there are enlarged lymph nodes inside my body, that I wouldn't necessarily feel. I'm worried that I'm going to die and leave my other two children behind. I asked a doctor on a website and he said that it could be early stage, but very unlikely. I'm still scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hodgkins lymphoma worry
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
Sometimes I just feel itchy. I do have one lymph node I can feel. It has been the same size for a year and a half. I was also super itchy during early pregnancy. I mean suuuuuuper itchy. I just knew I was going to have choleostatis. It went away and all my bloods came back normal. I really wouldn't stress it if i were you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
Thanks. It's not just one area though. It's everywhere. And as soon as I touch it, it'll disappear. I've noticed that if i'm preoccupied with other things, or if I'm up and moving around, I either don't itch as much, or don't itch at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
I'm having joint pain today - knees, hips, wrists, ankles, elbows, ect. Worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »
The "itchy" feeling you get that goes away when you touch it is a symptom I had a few weeks back. It lasted for a few days and I assumed like you, it must be lymphoma (even though itching due to lymphoma is not on and off, is constant and severe). I don't have it any longer when I moved onto another symptom unfortunately..
For me, it was more like a bug crawling type feeling. I have spoken to many people about it and it is VERY common with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
Thanks. I'm figuring it's anxiety, because when I forget about it, am busy doing something, or move onto another symptom, it disappears. Now I'm just worried about this joint pain. What if I have leukemia and I am pregnant? Grrr!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bin_tenn

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Nothing personal
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Thanks. It's not just one area though. It's everywhere. And as soon as I touch it, it'll disappear. I've noticed that if i'm preoccupied with other things, or if I'm up and moving around, I either don't itch as much, or don't itch at all.

You're preoccupied and it goes away. That alone tells me that it's likely to be something in your mind. Although I'm a male, for as long as I can remember, I've been itchy when tired. I scratch it and it moves! Highly annoying!

It happens that way. I think it's a mind thing. Your mind does crazy things, especially when you're stressed/anxious. I get unbearably itchy every night, only at bed time. Been that way for many years.
Bookmark and Share
Quote from: joycecaroll
yeah I know but I've already read like the WHOLE internet about now

in both Swedish and English

so TWO whole internetz

Tags: