Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm not dead yet?  (Read 245 times)

Online fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I'm not dead yet?
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »
I wake up every morning asking myself this. Today at a friend's house she told me I looked really sad. People at work today were giving me strange looks. I stopped taking ativan yesterday cause it makes me so tired the next day I can barely put one foot in front of the other. My anxious feeling went away and has turned into what I feel like is depression. I really don't want to leave the house anymore. I don't really know what happened to "me." I was a different person 2 months ago. I can't seem to snap out of it. Anyone else have this problem?
Bookmark and Share

Offline aliasporci

• Ad astra per alias porci
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm not dead yet?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:29:58 AM »
Hi
Sadly, I can fully relate to that kind of feelings. My life has become a rollercoaster, with anxiety ups and depression downs. I was on therapy during a while, but it didn't seem to work and it was quite expensive, so I had to quit. All I can advice is to try to get all the help you can get.
It has to get better.
Cheers!

Bookmark and Share
Keep on walking through the darkest of nights...

Online fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:35:21 AM »
Thank you for your reply aliasporci. Sometimes the best therapy is talking to others and hearing their stories.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
My anxiety does spiral to depression eventually too. I know I'm not the same person I was three years ago and it really hurts when my family says they want the real me back. I do too but I can't bring myself to take my medication for fear of side effects. I wake up everyday expecting to die and scanning my body for symptoms. I hate this!
Bookmark and Share

Online potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
For Daisy,

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you!

Please see your doctor about changing the Ativan.  It sounds like you need an anti-depressant.  If you are depressed and you take an anti-anxiety medicine like Ativan, it can actually make you MORE depressed!  I know...it happened to me and it was awful.

Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Online fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
Ryates - So sorry to hear about your situation. What do you do to cope? I hope things get better for you soon.

Potternut - Thanks for the advice. How did you manage to get off one medication and on to the next? Did you get withdrawals?
Bookmark and Share

Online potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
I was only on Ativan for about a week.  I just remember feeling like a zombie on the medicine...very flat...nothing made me happy and I felt sad all the time.  I just stopped taking the medicine (not recommended to go cold turkey, especially if you've been on it awhile!) and then went to Paxil and saw a huge improvement in my mood.  I don't take anything now although I have taken Ativan before dental appointments as I have become extremely dental phobic in recent years!!  It helps but I know that I can only take it to get me through a specific appointment...it's not something I can take daily.   

Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Tags: