Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel worse before feeling better  (Read 401 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel worse before feeling better
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »
Thats true alot of people that use alot of xtc actually become depressed sometimes. Ive never touched it nor will i ever too sketch lol. Is it common to experiene headaches on zoloft? I never get headaches but the past couple of days i have them all day pretty much on and off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:26:37 AM »
Is it common to experiene headaches on zoloft?

Yes, it is with most serotonergic antidepressants. Serotonin is more than a brain neurotransmitter. It has many functions in the body, including regulating blood vessel tone - constriction and dilation - and antidepressants may initially impact this causing headaches. Jaw clenching is another initial side-effects and this can also trigger headaches. They should pass. Acetaminophen based pain-killers are the preferred treatment as they do not affect blood clotting.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Interesting stuff. Always found the science behind it fascinating! All of my friends continue to use it, some of them also have anxiety and depression problems in the past so I imagine it's not a good idea to be messing with your serotonin levels. But then again nothing has ever been proven
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
Yeah last night was crying alot on and off. Today still feel pretty depressed. I have gone out and done some stuff not just sitting in the house. I think the klonopin makes my depression worse to be honest. It does help with the anxiety my head still feels disconnected at times and really feel no emotions still. Can benzos make depression worse? I just hate feeling down all the time most of the time.
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:12 PM »
Yeah last night was crying alot on and off. Today still feel pretty depressed. I have gone out and done some stuff not just sitting in the house. I think the klonopin makes my depression worse to be honest. It does help with the anxiety my head still feels disconnected at times and really feel no emotions still. Can benzos make depression worse? I just hate feeling down all the time most of the time.

When I started taking Klonopin and or Valium , it was normal to have some 'down days' until my body would adjust to the BZD.

Also the SSRI + BZD = combination - would cause some up days  :happy0151: and some low days   :P for the first 3-6 months.

But the important thing - I noticed  I kept having better and better days - and quickly had a vast improvement - which is better than I ever expected... :yes:

Unfortunately, this is the nature of these medication during the startup phase, and it varies from one person to another - but yes it's normal when first starting... there is an adjustment period for most people I know.... Including myself...

Just hang in there  :grinning-smiley-003:

Things will start to get better and brighter  :nature-smiley-016:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
I think the klonopin makes my depression worse to be honest.

...Can benzos make depression worse?

Yes, as central nervous system depressants they can produce depression as a side-effect with prolonged use. However, I suspect it isn't really having that much impact on you at this stage and that the deeper depression is mostly a reaction to the stress of the antidepressant side-effects.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
Yeah my head still feels weirdand foggy. I dont feel like myself mentally alot of the time. Very disconnected and just dont know how i feel anymore. Do you think this will improve after i up to 50mg? This is all normal for startups?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »
Do you think this will improve after i up to 50mg? This is all normal for startups?

Yes, sadly, for some these things are all 'normal' for some. As to whether 50mg will be the magic dose I can't say. It is almost certainly the minimum dose that is likely to be effective. But you may need to take more for good results.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
When I was in high school I didn't notice that many differences when I took medication. There was only one that I can remember made me feel weird... And it was a really extreme medication that I shouldn't have been on. I felt like I had no legs and was floating through the hallways at school in a sense... Some people would pay for that lol.

Anyway, now that I am in my mid-twenties and have been seeking treatment for... eh... a year and a half now, on and off, I think every single medication I've taken has given me some side effects initially (As well as coming off). Even the "natural" route gave me the most vivid nightmare (It had Valerian Root and some other herbs) to date (The dream themselves weren't very scary, but I kept waking up within a dream within a dream and so on and so forth, to the point that I questioned reality the whole next day which spun me into a panic attack).

With the Prozac (Fluoxetine, really) I had sexual dysfunction and nausea. I felt stoned at times and dizzy. One time there was a fight going on down the road that I could hear from my room (Second story) and I walked outside and called the cops. I remember feeling like I was slurring my words (I wasn't, I think I just felt slow) and such. But that passed.

With the Strattera I took... Oh man, those were the worst side effects. But then again, not every medication works or the cons outweigh the pros (Which it did in this case).

Now with the Wellbutrin I had initial side effects that were scary, such as heart palpitations and chest pressure. The pressure comes and goes with the anxiety, but those palpitations are gone. I still have some insomnia, though. But it is only a few weeks in.

All in all, what I've learned is that these medications send you through Hell before you see the light. Weather the storm and you'll see the calm thereafter (When you find the right medication). Does it suck? Well, yeah. But it is better than sitting around and doing nothing while you suffer. One thing that helped me immensely was, and is, Xanax. I try not to take it unless needed, but in the early days when my anxiety was paralyzing it helped me get through a lot of tough times. Just don't drive on it until you know how it affects you. I can drive on it fine, but I also take a very, very small dose (Half of a .25mg).

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 03:30:20 PM »
Still dont feel right. Head hurts feels foggy and weird and disconnected. One minute im thinking its not even worth it anymore im never gonna get better the next im upset because i feel this way. Mood swings headache and just starting go get discouraged because i thought this was supposed to get better. I dont even know how i feel or what i want anymore because im so mentally not myself and off feeling. Im sick of feeling this way. Maybe these arent the meds for me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »
Im sick of feeling this way. Maybe these arent the meds for me?

Perhaps. But there is no guarantee that you'll do any better on another med. All the antidepressants have the same potential side-effects. I suggest you discuss this with the prescribing doctor to see what can be done to ease your symptoms.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »
I am going to discuss it with him asap. Justfeel so uncomfortable in my own head and body. I feel no emotions other thn emptiness and am moody. How can this be normal? Feel so out of it most of the time. Dont want to do much i dont truly enjoy anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »
How can this be normal?

No, it isn't normal. But it is usual for some when first starting antidepressants. It is not permanent.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags: