Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: AAAHHH! Suspected Ebola case in my town!!  (Read 363 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
AAAHHH! Suspected Ebola case in my town!!
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:49:41 AM »
Holy crap! Ebola suspected case in my town! Honestly I never thought it would reach little old Ireland. Now I am quite suitably worried about it especially when I come in contact with so many people in my work. Crap! Hopefully it won't be confirmed.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline flipperk

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: AAAHHH! Suspected Ebola case in my town!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:59:17 AM »
It isn't confirmed, and reading some of the reports the reason they suspect Ebola is because the patient has travelled recently. I wouldn't worry about it until there is a confirmed case in Ireland. If it makes you feel better, just wear gloves while at work. When I worked in a grocery store, I wore gloves at the cash register after a couple of people had some fresh cuts on their hands and bleeding on the counters. (some people here on this earth).
Bookmark and Share
Aviation Professional --- If you have aviation related questions or fears, please feel free to message me.

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:01:34 AM »
It isn't confirmed, and reading some of the reports the reason they suspect Ebola is because the patient has travelled recently. I wouldn't worry about it until there is a confirmed case in Ireland. If it makes you feel better, just wear gloves while at work. When I worked in a grocery store, I wore gloves at the cash register after a couple of people had some fresh cuts on their hands and bleeding on the counters. (some people here on this earth).

Pfft then it could be anything. Damn scaremongering media. I should have known better.

Gloves in work, can't see the peoples being too pleased with that.
Bookmark and Share
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 05:57:41 AM »
I have read nothing about Ebola so I don't know what it is but it does sound to me like fear mongering. I used to be like that when mad cow disease was rife here. If it isn't confirmed I would try not to pay too much attention. Maybe avoid watching/reading the news as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline flipperk

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »
I have read nothing about Ebola so I don't know what it is but it does sound to me like fear mongering. I used to be like that when mad cow disease was rife here. If it isn't confirmed I would try not to pay too much attention. Maybe avoid watching/reading the news as well

It is bad...very bad. Don't google.
Bookmark and Share
Aviation Professional --- If you have aviation related questions or fears, please feel free to message me.

Offline SillyBear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »
I'm from Ireland too, and I'm also reading about the suspected case. It's a but further away (try300 miles away) but  still a bit unsettled by it all. However he worked in west Africa, and in very close proximity to numerous people infected. You could theoretically sit beside someone with ebola and be absolutely fine, as it's very hard to transmit. However it's still unconfirmed, and I do believe that most of the hype going on right now is down to the Irish media and their love for sensationalism, so I'm getting less worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
I'm from Ireland too, and I'm also reading about the suspected case. It's a but further away (try300 miles away) but  still a bit unsettled by it all. However he worked in west Africa, and in very close proximity to numerous people infected. You could theoretically sit beside someone with ebola and be absolutely fine, as it's very hard to transmit. However it's still unconfirmed, and I do believe that most of the hype going on right now is down to the Irish media and their love for sensationalism, so I'm getting less worried.

I did some research into it and it was just 1 paper making stuff up based on the mater prepping a ward for a contagious disease.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: