Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Addition of Buspar  (Read 320 times)

Offline lfiasche

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Addition of Buspar
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
 So I had my regular Pdoc appointment  yesterday. It didnt turn out like I planned. I currently take 40 mg/ day of Prozac ( generic ). Based on where I was this spring I am in a much better place. However I have still been using Xanax as needed and he would like to get me to a place where I dont need it at all if possible. So we will give it a shot. I took one last night and another this morning. I'm thinking its best taken with food because I took it before breakfast this morning and a liitle while after I took it I got really sick to my stomach for a bit.
 From what reading Ive done it either works really well for you or not at all. Seems it takes a couple weeks to kick in. Heres hoping !
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Addition of Buspar
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »
Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
I'm thinking its best taken with food because I took it before breakfast this morning and a liitle while after I took it I got really sick to my stomach for a bit.

It shouldn't make any difference, but taking it with food won't affect how it's metabolized. But always take it the same way at the same time as Buspar has a very short half-life.

From what reading Ive done it either works really well for you or not at all.

Very true when taken on its own for anxiety and unfortunately mostly its a case of it being less effective than M&Ms. It also only works for GAD and maybe social phobia. However, when taken with a SSRI it can significantly increase the effectiveness of the antidepressant and reduce some of its side-effects too. In the adjuvant role it seems to work for most to some degree.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline lfiasche

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »
 My diagnosis is GAD so hopefully it will work for me. I still have this "underlying " anxiety that Im try to get rid of !
Bookmark and Share

Offline lfiasche

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 06:52:57 AM »
So far all I feel is jittery...although I know I need to give it a fair shake. Still taking Xanax, so far its the only thing that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
I took Buspar a few years ago and I remember getting super sick also if I took it without food. I took the medicine to work with me and took it after breakfast, that helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lfiasche

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
So its been just over a week and I dare say at this point that the buspar is helping. I hade another pdoc appt yesterday  and he changed the dosage from 5mg - 3x/day to 10 mg 2x/day. The last time I took a xanax was last Saturday...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »
Sounds encouraging! 

Keep us updated on Buspar  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything