Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can u have "flares" of panic attacks??  (Read 410 times)

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can u have "flares" of panic attacks??
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
 :angry: I am SO frustrated and discouraged!! I've become significantly more functional in the last 2 months and ALL OF A SUDDEN, I find myself on the verge of an attack just at the THOUGHT of having to go out of my home alone!! Also, I've noticed an increased amount of worrying as I try to fall asleep at night-AGAIN...ALL OF A SUDDEN! Any suggestions??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can u have "flares" of panic attacks??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:58:14 AM »
Yeah, that can happen. especially when its been a while since you last had one. I don't know what sets them off, but it does happen. All you can do is wait it out, but it will pass and you'll be okay again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:38 AM »
Yes it does make sense that it will pass but it leaves me a bit (a lot sometimes) fearful that it will come back stronger at a later date. I'm trying to re-construct an enjoyable life, NOT worry that my stability could be ripped away at any moment. I also worry about it flaring-up during times when life demands that I be stable to get through a period of time when I'm REQUIRED to be strong!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:50:27 AM »
General Anxiety Disorder by definition is anxiety without a specific reason.  So yeah flare ups happen with us every though on the outside we think we're fine.  I tend to look at it like tides of the ocean, anxiety comes in but you know it wont be permanent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »
I have PTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder AND Panic Disorder with Agorophobia. That's why running into certain people on the city bus would be hard-leaving home alone is terrifying in itsself!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiffannyb123

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
I had my first panic attack in five years back in April. It frightened me so much, that I'm still struggling keeping it together. I've only had a hand full of attacks, along with constant anxiety, since then. But I am having the worst time shaking it. I'm always thinking another one is just around the corner. Ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline panicbarbie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »
The same thing happened with me i was doing great n out of no where this sudden doom n panick came back im so frustrated n angry and scard when will it leave
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiffannyb123

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
Just happened to me last Thursday. I had finally gotten back to going out to stores and car riding a little more comfortably, then bam!  Panic attack, just sitting at home minding my own business. Now, I rebuild again. I was upset and scared all weekend and decided I'm not going to let it get to me anymore. Of course I'm still scared I will have a panic attack. I've been scared to have another panic attack since my very first one 10 years ago. That will never go away for me. But I know that I can (and have) live my life AND have a panic attack once in a while (because I'm pretty sure I will). I still do not feel good, but bring afraid to panic will not help make me feel better. It is a struggle everyday right now.  I wish each and every one of you good luck and calm thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lisa45

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 05:11:53 AM »
Hi there,

I know for years, I sure have had flare ups. I can be fine for months and months, then find myself on a board like this at 5 am! I know it's very difficult, but I try to tell myself that I lived through it before - and will again. It's hard to calm down in the moment, but sometimes realizing it's true - that I will be fine - helps. I have learned over the years that it IS panic, I'm not going to die, and I ride it out. Years ago, I never would believe I'd be able to do that! It's an awful experience to have (panic), but it does teach you that YOU WILL BE OK.

I hope that is somewhat helpful? I wish you good luck. Be good to yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: