Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood in stool..scared  (Read 261 times)

Offline Hulaluv77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood in stool..scared
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
Hello everyone...I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone has had a bout of  bloody diarrhea...last Thursday morning I woke up  at 1 am with what I thought was food poisoning....I felt cramping like diarrhea but it would not come out...but I ended vomiting and dry heaving until  5 am when I finally was able to poop...then I was able to go to sleep ...woke up later on in the day and had 3 more small bowel movements but I noticed blood....I ended up waiting til Friday morning to see if the blood was still there and it was bright red and it almost looked like I blood clot...so I went to the ER was sent home with flagyl and cipro....this has never happened to me and I wen to to a gastro who is going to do a endoscopy and colonoscopy next week and I am so scared it's cancer....has anyone had these symptoms and it not turn out to be cancer? :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline HypoMatty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood in stool..scared
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
First thing, don't google blood in bowel movement.

The truth of the matter is that of people who have experienced blood in the poo the vast, VAST majority of them don't have bowel cancer. Blood in the stool is a symptom of so many common medical conditions that happen all the time. Especially if you were forcefully trying to poop for so long, you have probably strained or torn something.

I would say your chances of having bowel cancer is very low, just try to hold out until you see your gastro and talk to him about your fears of bowel cancer and let him tell you about what someone with bowel cancer has gone through and you will probably see how different your case is. A colonoscopy is a pretty accurate way to spot a problem so just think that when the results come back negative you wont have to worry about potentially having bowel cancer for at least 10 years!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »
I get bright red blood in my stools quite frequently. With IBS I often have periods where I am constipated for days at a time. If I strain to relieve myself during these times, I can get a small tear, and subsequently blood.

My doctor always told me that bright red blood is rarely a worrying sign. It hasn't been inside of you long enough to have become the black, sticky stuff that you really have to be worried about. If it's bright red, chances are it's from the area around the anus itself - hemorrhoids or a fissure, most likely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline itsryan1123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »
I used to be terrified of colon cancer. I had blood in my stool and was convinced I had colon cancer. I had bloodwork done and apparently it showed that I might even have crohns or ulcerative colitis. They had me have a colonoscopy, and it turned out I just had some internal hemorrhoids and a spastic colon. I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but its extremely unlikely that you have colon cancer.

Hope you feel better soon ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: