Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Questions for Perimenopausal Ladies with GAD  (Read 213 times)

Offline VickieLL1966

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Questions for Perimenopausal Ladies with GAD
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
Hello Ladies,  Need some advice and help please.  Not only have I been experiencing a lot of symptoms of GAD, but I am pretty sure I am also dealing with Perimenopause, which has a lot of the same symptoms of GAD.  I read that perimenopause can heighten and worse symtpoms of GAD.  My main aggravating sign of both of these are:

1.  The "hot feeling"  I  keep reading about the hot flashes for both, but it seems like my hot feeling is more generated in my back, shoulders and back of my legs. But they last for more then a few minutes, and come and go all day and have been doing so for over week.

2.  The next feeling is: a burning feeling in my mouth and my tongue.  Yes, this a perimenopausal symptom. 

Though I am experiencing so many more signs of perimenopausal that aren't worrying me or nagging me in the back of my head.  The two I just mentioned are the two that are driving me insane, which just increases my anxiety.  Both symptoms have been noticeable for about two weeks now.  So, I guess what I'm trying to find out here, is this:

Have any of you had any of the 2 symptoms I just mentioned?  If so, can you explain to me how you felt, how long they lasted?  Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.  With my health anxiety, if I'm having a symptom, as long as I know it's not life threatening, then I'm o.k. with it, and I manage it and move on with my day. Thank you ladies and have a great day :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline VickieLL1966

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Questions for Perimenopausal Ladies with GAD
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hopeful77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
I haven't hit that stage yet, though hit is just around the corner, so I was hoping to see replies to your post too.  I know my symptoms get worse before my cycle, so I don't doubt that peri menopause may be a tough time.  The only time I have had the burning mouth feeling, I had a mild case of thrush. 
Bookmark and Share
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »
I am 44 and believe I am in perimenopause. I have had several symptoms since February including lightheadedness, burning/smoke smell and increased sense of smell, bloating (a lot), increased gas and indigestion, a few headaches, and definitely increased GAD symptoms (I have had GAD since my 20s). I actually started having irregular periods for the first time in my life around the time of lightheadedness/smell issues.  It actually feels like I'm going crazy!!! I've also heard of and read about the burning mouth/tongue you described. I have it to a degree, but mostly my issue is with the smell. I definitely have the GAD symptoms! I have been trying to find a good perimenopause blog. Let me know if you find one. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »
Oh and yes, forgot to mention the hot flashes - I get them off and on - and have had them feel like they start in my head, go down my neck and back. I occasionally get night sweats as well. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:28 AM »
Each person experiences perimenopause differently. I have hot flashes but ti seems to be all over my body not just my face or head.
I do every now and again have the burning tongue sensation.
I know there is a list out there of 66 or more symptoms of this time of life. I seem to be falling into line for what seems all of them. I go see my doctor and she says that the symptoms are all peri
Bookmark and Share

Tags: