Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Latuda as monotherapy or adjunct, gotta love the merry-go-round  (Read 1322 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Latuda as monotherapy or adjunct, gotta love the merry-go-round
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 01:42:57 AM »
 The most amazing thing has happened within the past couple of days. I've wagered the idea that depression isn't actually a disease or disorder, but a normal part of humanity that is simply a mood state below "normal" mood. It's a big thing for me, that's why I'm saying all of this. It's quite a feeling to see it as not a disease when so many consider it to be.

If I have experienced a recurrent variant of depression, it is very likely that yes, it will recur if an anti depressant is not in place to keep my brain in a safe place from decay.

My brain is returning to its pre medication state in terms of anti depressant use. I'm still on latuda and lamictal, but I'm sure you know much about the brain and body healing completely from anti depressants. It varies, but what factors play into a complete recovery of my pre anti depressant state? I'm thinking of holistic possibilities, but I'm running the risk of a full blown major depressive episode aren't i?

If I were to give an emotional/psychological vs. organic ratio, I would say it's 1:3. Two thirds of it seems very organic, and the other 3rd is designated to psychological and emotional difficulties. So that leaves the big question Ian, what is the best bet here in terms of medication? Should I do the combination approach with meds on board, or should I go back to the Danny that battled naturally before the big struggle? I want to make a note that there are residual symptoms right now. No complete recovery.

Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:39 AM »
Should I do the combination approach with meds on board, or should I go back to the Danny that battled naturally before the big struggle?

The only person that can possibly decide the best way of living your life is you. Noone else is walking in your shoes. I guess it comes down to were you happy being the Danny that was battling naturally? How you respond should tell you which way to go.

The only point I'd make is that to me life isn't supposed to be an endurance test. It should be about being and making others as happy and contented as possible and living every moment of it to the full. It's not a dress rehearsal, we only get one shot at it afaics, so don't accept second best, ever.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
The Danny off of pills until 18 was my identity. That was the danny coping with this not thinking about a brain issue. I did the best I could, and then at 18 I took lexapro. I took it because I wanted help, so I went to therapy and the therapist said I needed pills to help the severity of it. So here I am now. And one thing that was the best advice of them all was no one should venture for 2nd best. It should be the best for it is our quality of life at stake.I have to determine if I can go natural or not. And I will know in the coming weeks
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything