Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bumped the back of my head now Im scared I'm going to die  (Read 85 times)

Offline Hobbit1812

• Rec's: 0
  • May the force be with you.
    • Poke This Member
So I thought a pillow was placed by the wall but I was wrong and I bumped the back of my head hard and I got a headache I still have it and the back of my head hurts a lot I'm scared I'm going to die of a brain injury or broke a blood vessel I'm freaking out that I'm going to die please help :(
Bookmark and Share
Live long and prosper

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bumped the back of my head now Im scared I'm going to die
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:36 PM »
your head/brain is not as fragile as that.  you are not going to die.  your anxious thinking  is playing tricks on you..

an example--- my eldest is disabled.   part of that are seizures.  one day she had a seizure on the stairs; she fell down the stairs and hit her head on the molding on the stairs.  it cut her scalp open.  she  needed 7 staples to close the wound.  With such a HARD fall and knock to the head, a ctscan was done.  and the scan was normal.  You didn't hit your head anywhere near as hard as she did.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bumped the back of my head now Im scared I'm going to die
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:53 AM »
people have fallen out of air planes without parachutes and lived. You're mor robust than you give yourself credit for.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: