Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis  (Read 133 times)

Offline dannyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »
I keep feeling like I have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. I keep feeling weak all the time now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »
if you a take a look at this forum, you will find that ALS is a popular disease for hypochondriacs to *think* they have.  I could daresay it is the MOST common disease fear here.  In the 5+ years that I have been here there have been exactly ZERO people who feared it actually diagnosed with it. 

suffice it to say, I'd bet my house that you don't have it either.  In fact I am sure you don't.

"feeling" weak has nothing to do with ALS..  ALS causes clinical weakness----as in you can't pick up a gallon of milk.     "Feeling" weak is the result of over zealous fight/flight that stress/anxiety causes.

You can fret over having ALS, but it is truly a waste of a fret.   

My suggestion to feeling better would be to address the anxiety and/or deal with the stress in your life that has your body reacting so physically.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline blakebeck94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »
You don't feel weak with ALS, you ARE weak. Meaning you can't button your shirt, stand on your tippy toes, go up stairs, lift things, etc. Feeling weak, or perceived weakness, is very common with anxiety or stress.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: