Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just when I thought my HA was going away :(  (Read 178 times)

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just when I thought my HA was going away :(
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
So if you've seen my last post on this website, I feel a whole lot better now. I got blood work done and all of it came out normal, no signs of cancer, anemia etc!! :)
Buttttttt a day before I went to the doctor I started getting these random pains that aren't severe but they're defiantly there. I usually get them  on my left arm and right leg. Usually on my ankle, wrist, and forearm. I did injure my arm 7 years ago (a girl stepped on my forearm in gym class)  The pain back then was unbearable  it lasted about 2 or 3 weeks but my mom didnt bother herself to take me to the doctor and it slowly went away. Ever since my arm hasn't caused me problems. It is the arm I got blood drawn from,  it was my first time too but it gets sort of achey randomly  and its been 4 days since I got blood drawn. Plus it also occurs on my wrists and right ankle :/ any ideas on what this might be im getting worried all over again   :(
Bookmark and Share
"Never let your fear decide your fate."

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just when I thought my HA was going away :(
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
I am sorry your anxious thinking has you worried again.  What are you doing daily to work on your anxiety disorder?  As I bellow a lot around here  :winking0008:, anxiety doesn't just "go away".  A lot of peeps think it does after a doc appointment but usually that only sates an anxious mind until a new symptom pops up. This, imo, is what is going on with you.

our bodies are not swiss watches.  we are going to have minor aches and pains and it mean NOTHING.  what happens with health anxiety peeps is they take these minor aches and pains and think them practically to death----then presto!  the ache/pain has grown into a GIANT monster. 

What do you know about how anxiety works in a body?  What do you know about how the mind can literally cause physical discomfort?  Did you know that reactive behaviors----seeking reassurance, googling, monitoring bodily sensations, self checks/self tests ----- actually keep a body/mind amped up and anxious?  What proactive behaviors (things to reduce anxiety and change thinking habits) do you engage in?  what is working?  what isn't?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »
Hi well honestly nothing really, i used to go to counseling but each time i went she only asked questions so i quit going. at that time i wasn't suffering from health anxiety till recently. The pain is hardly there anymore and I just keep going in circles because i have got myself another worry :(
Bookmark and Share
"Never let your fear decide your fate."

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »
well doing nothing doesn't help us much.

sorry you didn't click with the last therapist.  of course, that doesn't mean you quit going altogether.  You have to remember, too, therapy is a two way street. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: