Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone else experience this?  (Read 137 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone else experience this?
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »
Is this a sign of seizures? Over the last couple of years I have experienced intense feelings of recalling dreams or memories and having deja vu which can leave me feeling uneasy and intense fear. It starts with a recall of old memory or dream that I may have had or a feeling like I have been through or seen this situation even though I couldn't have. It happens frequently during the day but what scares me is that I have read these things linked to epilepsy. My anxiety levels are through the roof with this. Can anyone recall experiencing this or can advise what this could be?

Many thanks
Jonny
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else experience this?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »
I am more into dreams and all things linked to dreams. We do have dream triggers. Let us say you had a dream last night. Chances are you forget that dream within five minutes of wakening up. But the contents of that dream are still there on your subconscious memory. Now let us go outside. Let us pretend you see a red car. Suddenly you have this feeling of knowing that red car means something to you. Images might appear in your head. Now this is a typical dream trigger. You might have been dreaming about car the night before. When you see a car the next day, it sparks off this feeling within of having seen all this before. The subconscious mind has come to life. It is hitting you with images of cars. Feelings of having been in this situation before. Which you were. Whilst dreaming. I know not all people agree with this simple answer as the answer to deja vu. To them it has to be more complexed. Some believe they have really been here before and done this same thing. I like to keep it simple. We have not done that exact thing. We have seen similar things. In dreams. By seen similar things when awake it creates a dream trigger. Once a trigger is created the mind can hit us with a lot of things that created the trigger. Not just the dream from the night before. Even useless things. Things connected with cars ( in our example ). It can be complicated. May even confuse a person. Cause fear as in your case. I always put it down to dream triggers.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:29 AM »
I sometimes have very screwed up dreams that make no sense at all. I would not worry. Your feelings may
be caused by stress.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:39:44 AM »
Oh the vast mysteries of our brain. Freud gave us the subconscious and plenty on dreams. For me it remains a grand mystery. Never quite sure how I'll wake up, sometimes fearful, worried, despondent, or ready to face the day.

Generally start with meditation, indoctrinating the old brain with positives. Keeps me calm, sometimes even hopeful and optimistic. Takes time, attention, and patience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »
It's not so much dreams that scare me just the deja vu feelings and recall of random memories of my life or old dreams that scare me thinking its linked to epileosy
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »
The deja vu factor will almost always be there because dreams tend to replay what we've experienced or close to it. Epilepsy is a seizure of the brain, something else altogether.

The key is to get into deep sleep in order to remember nothing. Go through a little ceremony dumping all the cares out the door so brain is trouble free. Then sink into deep slumber and wake up refreshed.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: