Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried I could have something wrong with my bladder  (Read 139 times)

Offline RYN079

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
worried I could have something wrong with my bladder
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:45:09 AM »
I am sorry for posting again but I am freaking out.  Apart from my sciatic nerve ache, I am now feeling tension in my groin area and I have noticed I cannot increase urine flow by applying pressure to my bladder.  I am worried I might have something going on down there and causing the sciatic aches in my buttock.

I am so worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried I could have something wrong with my bladder
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »
You've simply become aware of something. Thus making your mind act like it is something much bigger. A few aches and pains has turned into something much worse in your mind. If you are in any doubt visit a doctor. If it was me with sciatic pain I would opt for a chiropractor. Simple adjustment they can do and makes things right again. Just think your mind is the real demon here. Picked up on the pain and created this big problem which you don't really have. Give it a few days and see how you are. Drink water. See if that helps with the urine situation.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »
I read that sciatic nerve pain is due to spinal cancer.  Is this always the case? My ache, it is actually not pain, has been on and off for the past 6 weeks, but got worse lately as I have been fixing my car and spent a lot of time under the hood.

Should I ask for a MRI?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gecko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
Sciatic nerve pain is very very rarely due to cancer! Plus if it was due to cancer the pain wouldn't come abd go. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »
I read that sciatic nerve pain is due to spinal cancer.  Is this always the case? My ache, it is actually not pain, has been on and off for the past 6 weeks, but got worse lately as I have been fixing my car and spent a lot of time under the hood.

Should I ask for a MRI?

that is ridiculous!

While I am sure spinal cancer can cause sciatica, most often it is from basic nerve impingement--from disks or muscle tension.   I've had that pain, my son, my husband.   So has a HUGE segment of the population
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: