Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Oral cancer, 3rd post...  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ineedtosmile

• A weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oral cancer, 3rd post...
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 09:43:10 AM »
The problem is, my dentist has a lot of patients, so I would wait good few hours If I were to go now...
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

UPDATE, 4th May 2015: Still haven't thought of a funny caption.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 09:51:21 AM »
The problem is, my dentist has a lot of patients, so I would wait good few hours If I were to go now...

well you could wait a few hours now or wait until September.   You still have the three choices as I mentioned in my last post.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Ineedtosmile

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 10:36:29 AM »
I will wait to the September, waiting 3 hours is not something I would be looking forward to, I will go if it gets worse, but If it will stay the same I will wait...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:16 AM »
Postin here for the third time, I have a lump on my hard palate, I cannot tell for sure if it is growing or not. It does not express other symptoms other than bleeding, but yeah.. expectable, since i am poking it with my nail a lot, but i m still afraid so much, i need help, and please, try not to scare me :(

1. Get your phone-QUICK! Dial your dentist's number - NOW- make an appointment - ASAP- have it checked out - HEAR the dentist say it's nothing to worry about....

2. Stop poking with your fingernail or anything else- you'll end up with an infection.

3. We're not scaring you. You're scaring you!

4. You said you need help. You've gotten great replies here. Now it's time to take action. GO! :yes: :yes: :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
When I thought I had a lump in my mouth last December, my hubby convinced me to call the dentist for peace of mind. (I too had spent way too much time poking at it, thereby making it worse.). My dentist squeezed me in THAT day.  I was convinced it was a tumor, but after X-rays and a thorough check, he said I was perfectly fine-I was feeling bone and all the poking had irritated it. Sure enough, that bit of assurance was all I needed to stop touching it, and wouldn't you know? By the next morning it was gone.

Bottom line-see the dentist and put your mind at ease. A few hours wait won't be fun but better than a 2 month wait!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
I am now even more scared, so redapples, are you saying that it is something serious ? I am now shaking with panic !
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
I am now even more scared, so redapples, are you saying that it is something serious ? I am now shaking with panic !

she is saying the same thing I am saying........   

basically, if you wait until september (which you can certainly do--it is YOUR choice),  through July and August all you will do is continue poking it and making it bleed.  I say this because past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior.  POKING is a bad thing.  So MAYBE if you went to the dentist -------- even if you wait 3 hours----you will perhaps hear and believe what the dentist says it is------ some minor little thing-----and you will quit poking it.   If you quit poking it, it will heal.  If you continue poking it, you risk making it worse and/or getting it infected.

Do redapples or any of us believe you have cancer?  No I doubt any of us do.  But what  we know is that in your state of mind, you will likely continue poking/prodding making it bleed, then you will freak out again.   From there you will ask the peeps around you what they think it is and you will post a new thread here asking us again what we think.......   

Go to the dentist or don't go...  BUT for SURE quit poking it or irritating it
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Ineedtosmile

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
I quit poking it by now, I figured out it is a bad thing, plus, I now found out that from my previous posts it might seem that I am angry at you for trying to help me, I am glad you are helping me :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »

I'm not saying that it is something serious. I'm telling you to go have it checked out rather than torturing yourself all summer because you're poking it and irritating it. You'll end up with an infection.

I see that you don't want to see the dentist until September, but if you're that worried, then get there and wait a few hours if you have to. Then, when the dentist tells you that you're fine, you will have to believe that and realize that it is nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 06:39:58 PM »
I think it is fine now, I have been only checking with my tongue, not poking it anymore, and it has gotten smaller it appears to me :) So now I am quite calm, thanks guys :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything