Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: What is motion and visual stimuli ?  (Read 107 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
What is motion and visual stimuli ?
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »
Apparently I have chronic subjective dizziness which occurs after a case of vertigo or something from interrupting the vestibular system .... My interruption was too much alcohol intake and being dehydrated and I got dizzy spell etc. and since then I've been sensitive I guess to vision and motion stimuli and have had persistent off balance and wierd vision issues for 4 1:2 months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is motion and visual stimuli ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
My off balance is worse so far from cymbalta! Is thy normal first few days very lightheaded and nervous feeling walking around constant unless I lay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
1. Motion stimuli is just anything that is perceived as a lot of motion to your senses. So walking around in crowded stores, driving in the rain, walking fast etc. Does your dizziness get worse when you look up, down or to the sides? Welcome to my world LOL :) I promise it won't kill you, I had a low level of dizziness for as long as three months once, mine is caused by estuation dysfunction.

2. Cymbalta is a good drug but a powerful one and it can cause varying side effects. The first time I took it I had started on a different drug first and ramped right into the Cymbalta and had no issues except for a day or so of stomach upset. The 2nd time I tried it I had a weird panic attack in the middle of the night and promptly stopped using it. If you can hang through the side effects when starting out Cymbalta is a very effective drug that really helped me get past a serious episode of GAD.

Hang in there.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »
What is estuatoin dysfunction? Perhaps I have that. I have had constant persistent off balance unsteady off kilter lightheaded feeling since March 1st after drinking too much I had horrific dizzy spell next day. I saw a neuro and ENT twice and doctor 6 times and I doubt there all idiots and they tell me it's from anxiety. I'm trying my best to handle this horrific feeling. I do get dizzy spells for few seconds every now and then. Thanks Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
So I have had issues with my ears since I was little. I think it is because my ear canals are small, I was prone to ear infections all of the time. When I get allergies my sinuses swell which is normal and the press against the estuation tubes. This is what causes the dysfunction, totally benign but annoying.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
I don't understand how moving my head up and down or fast to the sides etc and motion stimuli can cause dizziness and it be anxiety or chronic subjective dizziness .... This has to be worse after five months if it was a tumor right??????????
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Oh yeah it'd be worse, you'd also have killer headaches. Not "oh man this headache is really annoying" type headaches but "Holy crap I am seeing double and I can't get out of bed and I'm throwing up" type headaches. Worst headaches you ever had in your life type headaches.
Bad dizziness, even worse than what you have, doesn't always mean cancer though. There is a condition called Meniere's disease which is simply a fluid build up in the inner ear. It can cause hearing loss, tinnitus and vertigo like you would not believe. In bad cases you can get what is called drop vertigo which is a loss of balance to the extent you can fall on the floor. I've oft times been worried about getting Miniere's myself with all of my dizziness issues but thus far no hearing loss and no tinnitus so so far so good. Miniere's can't kill you by the way it's just a really annoying disorder.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
Thanks Mike. No hearing loss for me either and no tinnitus. I wonder if it's my eyes... My ENT doubts it. But I do have tight vision feelings and feels like I'm looking through gala or something and I'm always panicky with it. I just had fifteen minutes of no symptoms. I'm welding at work right now and the light from welding is irritating me. My optic nerve was good my doctor said three weeks ago. I just need know it's not something deadly. The physical sensations whether it be the dizziness off balance unsteady lightheaded or the vision disturbances are just frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: