Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: is it possible  (Read 144 times)

Offline dannyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is it possible
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:30:11 AM »
Im wondering if its possible to get rid of anxiety without seeing a therapist or taking medication? Anyone here gone without a therapist or medication and beat their anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: is it possible
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:59 AM »
Nothing is impossible. I think with anxiety disorders they stem from things that happened in our lives. If you can find a way to work through what caused your issues to begin with, and feel safe in doing so alone, then I would say anybody can work their issues without medication and help. I would still suggest a self help book. Just to guide the person on what needs to be done. May also mean a lot of writing things down by the person. They are doing their own therapy. I just think that some people have much deeper issues than others. It might be too hard for these people to go it alone. But many a person have given up drugs and drink and smokes. That is all will power and a very strong mind and a belief in themselves. That they could do it. If you can get that belief you can do anything at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline dannyc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »
Well do you know any good self help sites to help me with this. Tonight is just not my night.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 07:40:11 AM »
For me it was more a matter of jumping off bridges and ending it all. Needed to take charge myself and am still here.

We can go it alone, but it takes much work. If you can learn to like the trip with your brain, your history, your psyche, you can be surprised with good days. Are we ever "cured?" I doubt it. But we get by.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannyc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
But how thats what im trying to figure out
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »
The "how" can vary from person to person. It took me years to get to a place where even now I can still have rough times. But can also turn to what works best for me such as CBT, ACT (can read up on these approaches on the web), reading and posting here, various exercise, journaling, daily meditation.

A therapist may be advisable at the start and it could even be light meds depending on severity. Perhaps this can be a start of self discovery, self understanding, and gradual change. It is an ongoing process that can be interesting and enjoyable. Hope this helps some.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
If you want an E book on CBT just PM me your email addy and I will send you one. Can be read on a computer or on any type of E book reader. Easy book to understand.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything