Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: feeling really helpless, scared and alone  (Read 77 times)

Offline RYN079

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
feeling really helpless, scared and alone
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:59 AM »
Good morning,

I have been worried about als, ms, spine cancer, bone cancer and pancreatic cancer this lost month.  It sounds nuts, and I actually agree but the aches are real and this gets me so confused.

This morning I woke up with inner knee pain.  Please someone tell me that I will be OK as I am not going on Google and I am literally in tears. 

I will soon be 35 and all I can think of is me dying of some terrible disease causing a lot of pain to my loved ones and leaving them behind alone.

Please help....if you can.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling really helpless, scared and alone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:12:33 AM »
Minor injuries to that part of your knee is extremely common, and usually not dangerous. Stop using google, it shows you the worst possible things, not the most likely.
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »
Minor injuries to that part of your knee is extremely common, and usually not dangerous. Stop using google, it shows you the worst possible things, not the most likely.

This. Look up rosacea some time. Chances are someone you know has this condition. Does it look similar to the google results?
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
Thanks.  Just do not know what caused the pain. I woke up with this inner knee ache ( side of knee which touches otje knee when you close your legs) and I am terrified.  It aches when i bend my knee.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
Inner knee pain can be so many things. I get it sometimes & I think it's related to my Sciatica. It's actually been bothering me the last couple of days. I think I either overdid it stretching or pulled something while cleaning. Sometimes tense muscles can cause it, too. I know it's hard, but try to ignore it. If it persists or gets really bad, see a doctor. But I think after a few days, it'll probably go away. Try not to worry about every little ache & pain -- give it time to see what happens. I'm telling you this because I've been going through the same thing.

I'm 35 & have the same worry about dying & leaving my family. But I think I'm finally realizing that it's really out of my hands. If I end up having something treatable someday, then I get that taken care of if I can. No point in the "what ifs" because it might never happen! I more or less fear the sudden/freak deaths (something you don't see coming) because I worry about my family. BUT the chances of this happening are so low & again, what good is worrying? Because if something does happen like that, there's no chance of preventing it. And I have no control over what goes on after I'm dead, so I can only hope  that everyone is ok without me (which I'm sure they would be). We've gotta let these fears go!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: