Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Someone please read this....  (Read 92 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please read this....
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:20:44 AM »
This isn't really about hypochondria.

On the 5th of July I found out that a friend had been gunned down. She was only 24 years old and had a 6 year old daughter.

I went to the funeral today and since viewing her body I can't get it out of my head. She didn't look like herself at all. She wasn't disfigured or anything but... I don't know if you have viewed a body at a funeral or anything. It's just the stuff that they do to the body to preserve it is noticeable. Even after they do the persons makeup and stuff.  Plus, I am pretty sure they did an autopsy and stuff and that also had an effect i'm sure....

Also, someone who was there was talking about how she was screaming for help when she was shot. Up until that point, I had it in my mind that she passed quickly ( I was told she was shot 8 times ).  Now i'm afraid she was in pain when she died.

Tis has also brought up my fear of loved ones dying. I keep imagining other people I love dying too now. Which is my worst fear next to me getting sick.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please read this....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:29:21 AM »
I a so sorry about your friends passing to such a senseless act. I think it is very normal to have the feeling you are feeling. Anxiety works that way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please read this....
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:53 AM »
I'm sorry you've had this loss, and that your friend had to go like that. Death is something that is hard to reconcile, facing it can be extremely disconcerting. The feeling after a funeral is hard to shake but it will pass with time and you'll move on from it, I promise. You'll feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: