Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Getting a little better... could us some support though...  (Read 59 times)

Offline zmichelle557

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Getting a little better... could us some support though...
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »
Well I decided to go to my doctor and ask his opinion on if the epidemiologist was correct about me not being able to get rabies from my husband who was getting shots for exposure to a rabid dog, and he agreed with her saying there is no way. I am doing all good with that fear and I agree with them but now I can't seem to shake this anxious feeling. I feel weird and out of it. He did put me on meds for my ulcer and they seem to already be helping. But this state of panic is driving me mad. My heart is racing and I can't seem to stay calm even though I feel reassured enough and I really do believe everything I have been told. My head feels like it's shakey on the inside and I feel very restless yet tired.  Has anyone else felt this way? Maybe I'm hyperventilating or something but it's killing me mentally.  I was super nervous about my doctor appointment today thinking he was going to tell me horrible news do you think that could play into how I feel. Any feedback would be appreciated. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: Getting a little better... could us some support though...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:24 AM »
It will take you a little time to come down from the anxiety. I'm glad that you believe the doctors, finally.

Give yourself time for your anxiety to come down. It will. It always does. You'll feel better soon.

Your anxiety has your cortisol levels sky high....

Try to lay down even if you're not tired, just so your body can rest and heal from the anxiety. If your anxiety makes you cold, put a warm heating pad on your stomach on low. The heat will increase circulation and is very calming.

Even if you aren't cold, you can use the heating pad. If you don't have one, use a warm compress on the stomach. Feel better. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:39 AM »
I hope you're feeling better by now! That sounds like anxiety for sure, it takes awhile to get over, sometimes I'll get that same feeling and just will not be able to shake it no matter what. It is irritating because I can't do some things while I have that feeling, like drive or do homework. Sometimes I'll get that feeling for seemingly no reason at all, then even when I connect it to the source of anxiety, it still won't go away! So annoying, but it will go away eventually, I promise :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline zmichelle557

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:29:04 AM »
I also have low blood pressure... I decided to check it after I posted and it was 98/48 so that was some of my problem... I ate some salt and feel a little better now but still weird. Thanks for your replies. It's nice to hear it from people who know how you feel that you aren't going crazy. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: