Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shortness of breath...from anxiety?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shortness of breath...from anxiety?
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »
I will start off by saying that I am in pretty good shape, I stay pretty active. My anxiety had been very east to deal with for the past month but today it hasn't been good. It all started when I walked pretty quickly up some stairs and started talking, I felt like I couldn't catch my breath for a sec and that kind of scared me. After that I was fine all day until now, I feel like I can't take a good deep breath. It's kind of freaking me out, I'm hoping its just because I'm thinking about it. Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline {BIGGEN}

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of breath...from anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
Yep been there done that. I've had so many episodes like what you describe and it turns out to be panic. When a person is in panic mode everything is waked out of sorts. I've noticed that when I felt this way that my breathing was really shallow and felt like I couldn't take a good deep breath. When this occurred I told myself to calm down and I started concentrating on my breathing and taking in deep breaths and exhaling. After about a minute or so I noticed that I felt a lot better and my breathing seemed normal. Hope this gives you some comfort  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
"FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST ANXIETY"

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
I had this too, especially with going up the stairs. I got obsessed about it and every time I go upstairs I think about my breadth and it makes it worse... feel like I can't catch my breath. I have caught myself many times NOT remembering about it and I didn't get shortness of breath... it's anxiety I think. My lungs are ok. sometimes I feel like I can't take a deep breath... other times I feel that I hold my breath for too long.... it's weird... good luck, I hope it goes away for you!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Ksteph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
Thank y'all for the replies, I think it is definitely anxiety and thinking about breathing. I am feeling a little better, as long as I don't think about it I don't have a problem. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: