Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Health anxiety back :'(  (Read 67 times)

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Health anxiety back :'(
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »
I haven't posted on here in a few weeks. I figured I was over my 3 months of awful anxiety, but nope it's back again after a few shorts weeks of relief. I made a post a few weeks back about a lump I had discovered on my thigh...well turns out the lump didn't disappear, it seemed to get smaller so my anxiety over it went away. We've been in the process of moving out of our house the last two weeks and we have to stay at a friends house for a week before we take possession of the new house, which has stressed me out soooo much. The last 2 days I've just been poking at the lump on my thigh constantly. It has gotten sore from all the prodding and poking and i know that it has gotten bigger. It's now somewhat visible above the skin! I was so freaked out at work I snuck a pen and a ruler into the bathroom to measure it. It's only about 1.5-2 cm so it really isn't that large. I'm just do worried that it's some kind of cancer. I know that I need to have this thing looked at but I'm so scared of what I'm going to be told.
Bookmark and Share

Offline {BIGGEN}

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health anxiety back :'(
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:13:49 PM »
I haven't posted here in a long time either Crazy thought had my panic at bay for almost a year now and all of a sudden this week it has come back in some form or another. You said that your in the process of getting a house and it seems that daily life events can cause panic. I've been going to school for a couple of years now and will be graduating this fall and I found myself feeling anxious that what I've know for two plus years will be changing and we all know change is difficult but when you throw a side of panic on top of that things can turn for the worse at times. AS for the lump you are feeling in your leg I would get it checked out just to see what the doc says. I wouldn't worry though...there is all sorts of different muscles and ten-dens in the leg and I've felt things on my own leg that feels like a tumor or something like that but it turned out to be nothing. Just hang in there...that's all we can do :yes:
Bookmark and Share
"FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST ANXIETY"

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health anxiety back :'(
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:00:08 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, I once had a random lump on my leg. It was on my lower calf. It showed up one day when I was 13 and just stayed for months, maybe years. I didn't have anxiety back then so I never got it looked at. Nothing ever happened.

If you have insurance you might want to get it looked at just for peace of mind, but obviously do not google it. Don't be afraid of what the doctor will say because doctors always just run tests and tell you that you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: