Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon cancer?  (Read 151 times)

Offline Catsgotyourtongue

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Colon cancer?
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:29 PM »
Hi - I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing this right (and I apologize if this is Tmi). I've been having stomach issues for a while which I chalked up to anxiety, but in the past two or three weeks I've noticed mucus in my bowel movements. I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me the occult blood test which I'm still working on, but today I noticed blood in the mucus- not a lot but it was definitely there. I made the poor decision to google and I'm convinced I have colon cancer- my bowel habits have been all over the place though never totally constipated or actual diarrhea. I've been feeling sort of bloated and gassy too. I had blood work done not too long ago and that was all fine, but I don't know what else to think. I was trying to convince myself it's IBS, but from what I can tell that doesn't usually involve blood. Thoughts? And thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon cancer?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Hi Cats--welcome to the board. I just finished a two year colon cancer scare. Your symptoms sound more like IBS than colon cancer and of course IBS is far more common colon cancer. I would call your doctor back and let him know that you have seen some blood in  your stool and see if they want you to come back in. Was it bright red blood? If so, it may well be a hemorrhoid. Are you straining when you go to the bathroom? That could be the cause, too. Do the occult test and stay in touch with your doc, but most of all, stay calm and DON'T GOOGLE. Come here when you are tempted to Google and either post or go to the chat room if you need some immediate support. Good luck and keep us informed. I am sure you will be writing us in a month saying your doctor or GI said everything is fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: