Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: started meds again and already feel a difference  (Read 129 times)

Offline sweetblubrry

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
started meds again and already feel a difference
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »
My anxiety has skyrocketed this past month due to all these things I have been going through with school and my person life. I posted earlier that my dog had been diagnosed with cancer and it has been up and down since then every single day. I finally went to my doctor the other day and he prescribed zoloft. I have been on it for 2 days and already i notice a huge difference.

I haven't been on an antidepressant since 2005, when I was in college the first time. I actually felt happy today, and not as worried. Something I haven't felt in a long time. My worry this week was for today, my GYN appt. I was terrified she was going to find cervical cancer b/c I haven't had an appt in 2 years. And she actually told me that it really is 3 years now. And a lot of people don't think so. That reassured my fear a little bit. i still have to sit here and wait for results, ugh. But I did not have anywhere near the amount of anxiety I know I would have had without the zoloft.

Paxil was hell for me. Like absolute complete hell. Has anyone else here taken zoloft and did it work well for you? So far I'm not noticing too bad of side effects. I had a horrible migraine the first day but that was pretty much it. I hate meds but I just can't deal with it anymore. I also haven't had that "cloudy" head feeling since the first day so I hope it stays like that. My head was nowhere but in the clouds with paxil. I actually feel really good right now!!!
Bookmark and Share
Struggled on and off since I was 13 (29 now) with health anxiety and OCD. No therapy. I accept my thoughts and deal with it as it comes.

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: started meds again and already feel a difference
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
Thats good to hear because I am starting zoloft this weekend. I hope it works for us.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Hi Blubrry, :action-smiley-065:

I hope Zoloft continues to work - it worked a lot better (more gentle - less side effects) than Paxil for me.  Usually, it will take longer to get the full benefits (6-8 weeks) at a therapeutic dose.

If your body is reacting well after only 2 days that is good sign  :happy0151:

As I recall, the only thing, I wish I had asked my doctor earlier, was for a small dose of a benzodiazepine - which would have come in handy when my dr. increased my dosage - as sometimes my anxiety would increase with a higher dosage.  :winking0008:

Keep us updated on your progress, we need more good news  :nature-smiley-016: !!
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline rogueknits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:24:23 AM »
I'm glad the Zoloft is working for you. I was on Zoloft for 10 years, went off it to try to get pregnant (never did manage to conceive), and am now thinking about going back on it. I was wondering if it was helpful for health anxiety. I don't recall ever being this anxious about my health, and the thought of feeling this way for the rest of my life (I'm 34) terrifies me. I just want to feel confident in my health again, and stop this cycling from one ailment to another, all of them with real physical symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
I'm glad the Zoloft is working for you. I was on Zoloft for 10 years, went off it to try to get pregnant (never did manage to conceive), and am now thinking about going back on it. I was wondering if it was helpful for health anxiety. I don't recall ever being this anxious about my health, and the thought of feeling this way for the rest of my life (I'm 34) terrifies me. I just want to feel confident in my health again, and stop this cycling from one ailment to another, all of them with real physical symptoms.

Yes, it was for me  :grinning-smiley-003:

I recall the cycles of constant anxiety, going from a.....to.....z   on all the possible things I may have... was it a tumor...or cancer....blood clout...

And if it wasn't enough... it was... my job - am I going to get fired or laid off?.... my finances ... I am barely making it....... no wonder there is no joy in my life.  :dazed:

Anxiety (which I believe is has roots in our Biology or Genetics, our family lines  :yes:) quickly expands and spreads and  knows no mercy...  :(

Zoloft or even something like Lexapro or Celexa (which were the most gentle - very few temporary side effects when starting) - all which I have personally used, will make a big difference and eliminating this Anxiety Beast - so you can move forward with your Life  :nature-smiley-016:

Keep Moving Forward toward your bright future - you only in your 30's - time to reclaim your life and joy :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: