Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hallucination?  (Read 118 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hallucination?
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
Ok, I am usually very rational, and some-what calm, but I experienced something this morning that has me questioning myself.
I woke up this morning, was still very groggy as I made my way to the kitchen.  Said hello to my dog, who was in his bed, in the dining room.  When I turned the light on in the kitchen a flying bug came fluttering toward me--I ducked and ran back to the dining room.  It sort of resembled a small moth, but I had never seen this sort of bug.  So, I went back into the kitchen to see where it went......only to discover, no bug! 
Now, apart from mild anxiety/depression, I am psychologically sound----no delusions, no hallucinations (until now).

Do you think it could have been the fact that I had just woken up, and was still groggy?  Maybe my mind wasn't fully awake?
This has me concerned now.  On top of anxiety, I honestly do not want to become psychotic!

Anyone have any advice?  Thank You :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hallucination?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »
I have spoken to my sister (who is a registered nurse) and she thinks there was actually a bug that somehow hid when I went looking for it.
But I don't know.....unless I find that bug I'm going to wonder.

By the way, I don't, nor have I ever taken any illicit drugs---drugs that would cause one to hallucinate.
I am however on Citalopram.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
I would agree with your sister. they can run and hide and  you may not find the dumb thing. I wouldn't worry to much about it. I believe you saw a buy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »
Carrie, the very first thought I had was that the bug was real.  And bugs can hide and die and escape.  Doesn't mean the bug wasnt there.   :yes: :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »
OOOHHHH MY GOODNESS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN AS THE FUNNIEST POST EVER!!!!!!  IIIIIIII FOOOUUUNNNDDD TTTHHHEEE BUUUUGGG!!!!

Yes I found the bug!!!!!lol!!  :laugh3:

Well, for whatever reason I felt the need to clean out my refrigerator tonight, after I had pitched the old food I went to get the trash bag out of the trash can.  As I looked down the side of the trash can I saw a black critter the same size as the critter I saw this morning!  And it has wings!  It was just sitting on the side of the trash can nonchalantly as if it was saying, "here I am!!".

I cannot tell you how utterly happy I am right now, as I really thought I had finally lost it (my mind).

So, this here can be a wonderful lesson to all my fellow sufferers how our thoughts can get away from us.  What was thought to be a hallucination from a mind going mad, turned out to be a real bug hanging out on a kitchen trash can  :happy0151:

Take care everyone, and thank you to those who commented  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: