Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Too disabled by panic 4 city bus-lost transport program  (Read 88 times)

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Too disabled by panic 4 city bus-lost transport program
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »
I came off a high dose of Methadone over a hellish period of ten months. So a couple weeks ago, the coordinator for disability accomodations of the city transportation system decided I no longer need the program. She said I had "plenty of time to work on your anxiety on the bus by now if you had ten months of down time due to 'the Methadone' and I think you're ready to ride on the bus." Uhhmmm...ok. I was deathly ill with withdrawal symptoms AND worse anxiety from detoxing and I should've been practicing riding the bus?? In what world does THAT line of thinking considered logical?? She wanted to cut me off then-the middle of the month when I had paid rent and had no reason to plan for bus money!! So she "was willing to extend my private rides until the first of the month as a 'courtesy'". So now I've got a new DLS (Daily Lifeskills Support) Worker to help me gradually work to get adjusted to being in public again as I hadn't been able to do so long before the detox and have just started leaving my house again after ten months!! Ughhh...People can be astoundingly ignorant and this is going to be SO HARD FOR ME!! The bus is harder on me than simply leaving my home too! SO much to overcome now!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Too disabled by panic 4 city bus-lost transport program
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
You may feel like crap right now, but CONGRATULATIONS on how far you have come!!!!!  You are off the methadone AND you have a new DLS worker to help you!!!!  This will all take time, but if you keep a journal of your daily progress and read through it each couple of weeks you will be amazed at the progress you are making!! 

YES, people can be very ignorant, but just smile and say a little prayer for them!!  LOL....they are the ones that need it!!

I wish you the best!  Please keep us posted on your progress!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Too disabled by panic 4 city bus-lost transport program
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
I pray a lot and have a good relationship with the Lord or I'd be in much worse shape, I believe. I AM NOT SAYING EVERYONE HAS TO PRAY...I am not pushy with my faith but it is what holds ME together!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: