Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Neurologist Appointment Tomorrow--Really Scared!!!! :(  (Read 235 times)

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Neurologist Appointment Tomorrow--Really Scared!!!! :(
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »
Hi everybody. Well, high noon, so to speak, is tomorrow at 8:30AM EST. I see the neurologist to discuss the findings on my CT scan that "slight prominence of the CSF spaces could represent premature brain atrophy" and "question mild premature atrophy." My GP was really reassuring in translating radiologist speak to me, saying that words like "slight," "could," "mild," and "question" were all very good, that when there is a problem, the radiologist is pretty frank in his/her wording, and that, for example, the CT didn't seem to show any evidence of MS. My GP said to place this way down on my list of things to worry about and that she wasn't worried about it and "looked forward to receiving a letter from the radiologist confirming it was nothing." I have also been talking to a neurologist online (yes, I paid to talk to him, but he has been SO helpful), and he has reassured me over and over again that in his many years of practice, mild brain atrophy is a VERY common finding and means nothing in the present and means nothing for the future---that is doesn't represent any kind of dementia now or any neurodegenerative diseases now or any of either in my future. I have no symptoms and no family history of neuro problems, so I should be just fine. It's just that today is my 8th wedding anniversary and I just can't help but imagine myself in the future with some horrible disease, totally dependent on my poor husband. I could really use some encouraging words to make it through the day and not ruin my anniversary for myself as I have ruined so many other special days with my fear of colon cancer that proved to be totally unfounded! Thank you!!!!!! :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Neurologist Appointment Tomorrow--Really Scared!!!! :(
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!  :party0004: :sign0199: :party0006: :jumping0009: :happy0158: :sign0060:

I know how hard it is to anticipate a doctor's appointment and catastrophicing , been there done that! But please everything indicates that there isn't a problem, this is just for reassurance tomorrow....

Try to relax and enjoy your day! Go out to dinner, do something fun with your husband. You Do deserve a break from this anxiety!

Please keep us posted tomorrow... I will be looking for your good news!!!!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
Sitting in the neuro's office, waiting to see her, hoping this won't be the day that changes everything. Thank you, Leah, for your kind words. I will be posting as soon as I get to the office with results of the visit.  I am staying pretty calm right now. Don't know how, guess there really isn't any other option than a panic attack, and by the grace of G-d, I don't get many of those. Just praying the neuro won't even order further testing and will just send me on my way with a clean bill of health. Fortunately, (?) my deductible is met because I have been so sick this year, so if she does order an MRI, it should mostly be paid for. Ugh, and to make everything worse (sorry gentleman), I am having my period, so I am really emotional and hurt all over. Hoping this day will get better with a job offer or some other kind of good surprise. Of course good news from the neurologist would fall in that category, but I need something additional good to happen. I know it sounds selfish, but the non-profit I work for is hanging on by a thread, my boss mistreats me, I need out of there and I am hoping the good word about a really promising job lead will come today along with good news from the neuro.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »
Sending positive thoughts your way! Good luck...everything will be fine & work out!!!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
Nabila,
I am new around here but I am joining you in hoping that today is uneventful as I am sure it will be. I am hoping it is a day that changes everything though, hoping that today, after you receive your good news that this is the day when you are finally able to say "screw it, I am just gonna relax and enjoy life". :)
You got this!
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
Good luck I am thinking of you. It's 10:10 am and I waiting for your post!

Hopefully you'll get that job offer you want! stay positive! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:24 AM »
Hi everybody! Thank you so much for all your good wishes and thoughts! GREAT NEWS! The neuro looked at my CT scan, spent maybe five minutes with me getting some background data and doing a short exam and she frankly said, "I don't think there is anything wrong with you." She explained that she sees this kind of atrophy very often in patients with depression, which I have an almost 20 year history of, and she said the research is still being on done on whether we have atrophy because we are depressed or we are depressed because we have atrophy. She was was a great doc and I feel completely satisfied with her answer. So happy she didn't order any expensive MRIS. Now I am hoping this will be the day that changes everything because I have no more health things I can obsess about and because I finally get the job offer I really want. Again, thank you all so much for your support. It means so much to me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE???? IT ALL WORKED OUT!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  :party0002: :party0002: :party0002: :party0006: :party0006: :jumping0009: :jumping0009:

Be happy now!! Do something fun and enjoy the feeling of relief!!!!!!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
Thanks, Leah!! At the very least I know I am getting belated anniversary flowers today, so that makes me happy!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! GO out to dinner with your hubby!
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
Yay!!! Awesome news! Things are getting better...hope they continue that momentum...  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
Great news nabila.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: