Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: What is going on with me?  (Read 90 times)

Offline Jtmatchett

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is going on with me?
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »
I am a 28 year old male. I have been to 3 different doctors, had 2 chest X-rays and a CBC blood work test done. All of which have come back normal. I having been having weird symptoms; shooting pains all over abdomen, tight abdomen, achy left arm, insomnia/inability to sleep, weird feeling in back when laying down, can't get comfortable, loss of appetite, dry mouth, metallic taste in mouth. I've lost 15 pounds in about 3 weeks and even though I eat some, I'm still losing weight. My entire family thinks I have anxiety/depression, but I don't feel anxious or depressed. I would say I feel more depressed over the fact that no one believes me that something is actually wrong. I have never had anxiety issues until now, if that's what this is. Anyone have any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is going on with me?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
Everything you describe could be anxiety-related.  Do you have a history of anxiety?  Any stress in your life before this all started? 

Blood test wise, have you had your thyroid levels checked?  It's pretty common to have thyroid problems, and they can make you feel pretty crappy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jtmatchett

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is going on with me?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »
The hospital said that they ran a thyroid test during my bloodwork and it showed normal. I have not had any history of anxiety, as far as I know...
Bookmark and Share

anything