Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: this isn't really a health anxiety post  (Read 129 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
this isn't really a health anxiety post
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
but a sad story nonetheless.

Last night hubs and I were watching the late news before going to bed.  A story came up of a 'suspicious' death in the quaint,safe little town in which we live.  anyway by morning it was reported as a homicide.  The 70 yr old man was found murdered in his home, which is about 3 miles from ours.   Later this morning my 19 yr old son comes and says, "Mom, the man who was killed in his home, um well his son has been charged in his death.  Mom I know him.  Mom he was section leader of the trumpet section when I was a sophomore (in high school)."  The boy, in question, is 2 yrs older than my son.   Oh my gosh.  I mean how horrible for the man, his wife, his other son,  the boy my son knows, MY son, our beautiful town.

I am heartbroken.  what a terrible thing.  My son is pretty shaken up by this.  He said that the boy was something  of a cut up in school, an excellent trumpet player.  My son said he was a friendly,, nice guy.  He liked him.  I can just see my son really  sadden and shocked by this.

Just a complete shame. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline fmfdoc

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: this isn't really a health anxiety post
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
What we see is not always what it seems...Met numerous guys I work with in the military who where stellar performers, but come to find out they where beating their significant other. Its crazy how people have "On/off" Switches
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
What we see is not always what it seems...Met numerous guys I work with in the military who where stellar performers, but come to find out they where beating their significant other. Its crazy how people have "On/off" Switches

that is always how it works.   :yes:  my husband was talking with the band director this morning at about the same time my son came down telling me what he had found out.  the band director told my husband about it.  He (the band director)) had some insights about this young man's family.  and, yeah, there is a lot of dysfunction.

however it is still a real punch in the gut for my son hearing such a horrid thing and trying to reconcile this act this young man is charged with (allegedly)  from the kid my son knew.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »
Wow - I am very sorry to hear that.  It is so sad to hear these kinds of stories.  I would encourage you to talk to your son about all of this - how things aren't always what they seem, people aren't always what they seem, and alot of things are hidden because it can be (social media ... ).  Pressure and stress can take a toll on people and they fail to notice how it is affecting others (namely this boy) until it is too late. 

So sorry you and you son have to go through this.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »
luckily he is talking to me about it  and it does bother him.  and luckily he isn't a youngster.  He has a good head on his shoulders.  it will, however,  take him a few days to process it all.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: