Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Rabies?  (Read 359 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Rabies?
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:15:43 PM »
My arm still has the crawling feeling sometimes and the feeling that hair is tickling it when nothing is there. This is why I think it's rabies on the move from my hand somewhere tomy head. I am on medication but I still have this fear for earlier I felt lightheaded (but them again I am in a semi- dessert).
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rabies?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »
Fortunately, those are not symptoms of rabies. in fact it would be quite impossible for rabies to cause them. That's really all there is to it really.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:04:23 AM »
Yes they actually are for a tingling sensation or a crawing feeling is a symptom.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:13 AM »
Smalm.... are you on Venlafaxine ? If so, it could be a side effect. I've heard some folks on that med as well as a few others get that crawling feeling as a temporary side effect.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:39:58 AM »
What's with this rabies thing recently?

You do understand this is a very, very rare disease and you would not unwittingly be bitten by a suspicious animal.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 12:43:38 AM »
Another rabies post? Smalm, how many times have you suspected that you have rabies? I hope you take comfort in the fact that you have always been wrong...
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
Redapples I read through the side affects list and it is one of them, it probably is my medicine for my anxiety, I just wish it can block my thoughts for I can still think of things but just not be anxious about it.  :yes:Thenomnomnomicon I know that it is so rare but itis also so terrible, I fear this somuvh that my aunt thinks that it's a past life death of mine.  :spineyes: and Descent that's very true I live in America where it's very rare!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 01:03:34 AM »
Smalm.... You recently started the meds, right? I'm sure these side effects will go away. Start up side effects suck. Eventually when the med fully kicks in, you will not think about it - I'm glad you're not anxious about it...you're ok! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:51 AM »
Redapples yes I did start the medication last Tuesday (not this one) and it has been affecting me so wellbut thearm tingling has been worse since Itook it I only motice it when Ifeel like a hair is there, go tograb the hair,and reveal nothing inmy palm. it scares me for it says that it's to bea side affect common to a bigger degree with people withdrawl themselves from the medication, and yes I am on Veneflaxine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 04:55:13 AM »
Hopefully This issue is resolved and hopefully it is my medication which is causing this (also a few healing wounds) and also hopefully the medication side effects will resolve themselves or the medication will be so potent that I won't take notice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 12:09:01 PM »
Hopefully This issue is resolved and hopefully it is my medication which is causing this (also a few healing wounds) and also hopefully the medication side effects will resolve themselves or the medication will be so potent that I won't take notice.

I'm sure the side effects will resolve themselves.

Just a few minutes ago, it felt like a long hair (I have long hair) was brushing my leg. 9 times out of 10 there is no hair there. But I thought of you  :yes:

I think a lot of people feel these sensations (hair on leg, something on arm, etc.). They look, they see  nothing, and that's that. They don't give it a second thought.

Personally, those "feelings" don't bother me.

But they do bother a lot of people with anxiety as I'm learning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
It bothers me to have that feeling and then have no hair there, but it makes me so freaked out if it was a bug for they're UGLY! i do haveanxiety about it...I had horrible insomnia and stayed up until 7:00 AM with my cousin but oddlythe insomnia is a great tool for my cousins like for me to stay up late and were happy for me staying up as late as them.    :laugh3:  I do have anxietyabout odd sensations but I guess they all pass, I am sorry for all the words smooshed together for I'm typing on a mobile device.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
Smalm- oddly, I've been having the sensation all day, same spot!  :yes: But it doesn't bother me....I don't mind certain little bugs and tiny spiders...but I draw the line with mosquitoes and ticks...

Sorry you've got insomnia...but it sounds like you're using it to your advantage!!! :winking0008: And yes, the odd sensations will pass. Don't worry about the smooshed words...

ithappenstolotsofusuingmobiledevices. *hehe. *way around it, if you have Siri on your mobile device, try it. It's pretty cool.  :party0006: :party0002: :happy0158: :jumping0009:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »
Hahaha! i can now drink caffiene and then not haveanxiety. i also am going to make candied walnuts since I spent all day cracking the walnuts. i am having a great day and am going to drink more Dr.pepper, I do think that the odd sensation is just the medication and also I think it may be the caffiene.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
Hahaha! i can now drink caffiene and then not haveanxiety. i also am going to make candied walnuts since I spent all day cracking the walnuts. i am having a great day and am going to drink more Dr.pepper, I do think that the odd sensation is just the medication and also I think it may be the caffiene.  :laugh3:

caffeine !? I can't handle that! But, could that also be why you have insomnia? :yes: :yes: :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: