Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: UPDATE Tingling Left arm and THumb  (Read 166 times)

Offline fmfdoc

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
UPDATE Tingling Left arm and THumb
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »
I also started getting these weird tingly vibrations down my left leg. I have a MRI for my Cervical Spine set up for next Tuesday. Im starting to get worried that its more than just a pinched nerve. Its sounding more and more like MS. Guess I will find out my fate next week. :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: UPDATE Tingling Left arm and THumb
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
I am willing to wager it isn't ms   :yes:  ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »
Left sided problems I see, we should start a group for that. As I type this, left arm/left leg are tingling.

If it helps you any I've had 2 clear brain MRI's. So take it for what its worth
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »
Its probably nothing more than maybe a pinched nerve and anxiety, but you have allowed your fears to grab hold of you. Don't worry it happens to all of us thats why we are here. If the MRI comes back clear are you going to move on? The answer is probably not unfortunately the test will only reassure you for a short time period unless you take hold of your anxiety and stop letting it dictate your life. I know it is easier said than done. Please trust whatever your doctor tells you DO NOT let any doubt come back. If your doctor isn't worried about it then neither should you. A doctor in the cardiologist told me "Don't worry until I tell you to worry". I have been trying to live by these words

I'm sure all will be fine in the end :yes:
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:57 PM »
I hope so Sixpack. Its been going on non-stop for about 9 days. So far, they ruled out a stroke(Had a CT Scan) and xrays. Also my thyroid tests came back fine. Im experiencing NON STOP tingling on only my left thumb, and my left arm gets tingly and weak feeling. My left leg is tingly too, almost like its vibrating. Its ALL on my left side and its starting to scare me. MS is my current fear
 :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:23:02 PM »
I do suffer from health anxiety. I have also been stressed out with my new military assignment, so I definitely know its playing a role. Ive had full blown panic attacks before and bad anxiety, but this feels different this time around. My left thumb is constantly numb feeling and tingly. a few days ago, I had this extreme pain go down my left arm and my left leg almost felt like jello and tingly. It I get the MRI and everything is clear, I will be satisfied, because I know that can check the nerves, disks ect. My Doctor told me she wants to make sure its not spinal stenosis, cause if it is, I would need surgery. So that kind of heightened my worry up as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »
I hope so Sixpack. Its been going on non-stop for about 9 days. So far, they ruled out a stroke(Had a CT Scan) and xrays. Also my thyroid tests came back fine. Im experiencing NON STOP tingling on only my left thumb, and my left arm gets tingly and weak feeling. My left leg is tingly too, almost like its vibrating. Its ALL on my left side and its starting to scare me. MS is my current fear
 :dazed:

i used to do the MS fear tango.  I don't have it.

I have a friend whose left arm and left leg went completely numb on her.  docs thought it was MS.  It wasn't as it turned out. It was actually the physical manifestation of emotional distress from a miscarriage.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Sixpack, Im hoping its something like that. Ibeen taking Motrin and Robaxin for pain. getting little relief tough. I was fine a few weeks ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »
I do suffer from health anxiety. I have also been stressed out with my new military assignment, so I definitely know its playing a role. Ive had full blown panic attacks before and bad anxiety, but this feels different this time around. My left thumb is constantly numb feeling and tingly. a few days ago, I had this extreme pain go down my left arm and my left leg almost felt like jello and tingly. It I get the MRI and everything is clear, I will be satisfied, because I know that can check the nerves, disks ect. My Doctor told me she wants to make sure its not spinal stenosis, cause if it is, I would need surgery. So that kind of heightened my worry up as well

I am sure all will be fine in the end. I would personally like to thank you for your service to this awesome country! THANK YOU
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline fmfdoc

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
I appreciate it!!! been serving 15 years...5 more till im 38 and RETIRED!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: