I have a few different ways of coping with my anxiety.
1. Meditation (laying down, listening to a great hynosis app by Glenn Harrold called "Beach")
2. Re-Focus (if you can). Do something that requires movement, and focus....walking, light exercise, bicycling.
3. Sometimes we do just have to sit through it and let it pass....while uncomfortable, it goes give a certain " I can do this" feeling of accomplishment and proves to us that we can get through the anxiety.
4. Taking photos. You have to focus with a camera.
7. If you're home, scream into a pillow. Cry. Let those emotions out. Sometimes bottled up emotions can cause anxiety...even if we aren't consciously aware of what is bothering us.
7A. I should add that crying doesn't come easy to me but when I can cry, it's very cleansing and healing.