Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attacks  (Read 82 times)

Offline Pianolovingfreak

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic attacks
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »
I suffer from panic attacks. Most of them small ones but they freak me out to the point where i make them worse out of frustration of it. If you get panic attacks or so what are some things you do to calm yourself? I normally just let them roll through but it would help if i knew some tricks to get them to go away quicker. Any suggestions at all are welcome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »
The easiest way is to distract yourself with something difficult and tedious that requires a lot of concentration. Sometimes I get random panic attacks over a fear that I overdosed on medicine. If I just try and hope I don't die, i'll be terrified and get really bad panic. if I instead start playing some really difficult game, then the amount of time that would be required for symptoms of overdose to show up will pass without me noticing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attacks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »
I have  a few different ways of coping with my anxiety.

1. Meditation (laying down, listening to a great hynosis app by Glenn Harrold called "Beach")

2. Re-Focus (if you can). Do something that requires movement, and focus....walking, light exercise, bicycling.

3. Sometimes we do just have to sit through it and let it pass....while uncomfortable, it goes give a certain " I can do this" feeling of accomplishment and proves to us that we can get through the anxiety.

4. Taking photos. You have to focus with a camera.

5. Acupuncture

6. Yoga

7. If you're home, scream into a pillow. Cry. Let those emotions out. Sometimes bottled up emotions can cause anxiety...even if we aren't consciously aware of what is bothering us.
  7A. I should add that crying doesn't come easy to me but when I can cry, it's very cleansing and healing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: