Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Guilt and Anxiety  (Read 73 times)

Offline tlebo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Guilt and Anxiety
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:06:21 PM »
I've been suffering from anxiety for 8 years or so and most of it revolved around social situations.
Within the past 4 years or so the worst part of my anxiety I find is guilt. When I begin to get anxious about something my mind just searches for more stuff to be anxious about.
I begin to feel guilty about stuff that happened previously in my relationship with my current fiance.
And sometimes feel guilty about sexual stuff that happened before we were together but I feel regretful of it and for some reason feel the need to tell him.
Some things I feel guilty about are fantasying or thinking someone was attractive.
Then others are worse (kissed someone else).
He is over everything and yet every once in a while I find myself feeling so guilty that I need to spill every detail about everything to him.

It's difficult that I am so hard on myself and I need a way to get over this. Would a consellor be helpful or does anyone have any other suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline nopuedodormir

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Guilt and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »
Perhaps looking for a kind of release, by confession?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tlebo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
I have confessed to him everything I have done wrong. I just feel the need to confess EVERYTHING. Even things that don't concern him.
Sometimes I feel like my mind is just searching for something for me to feel guilty about, and sometimes just makes something up itself!

This is not an everyday thing. For the most part I am good and happy but I do go through stages and I don't know why :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:57 PM »
I think you need to talk to a Therapist and get help with the guilt and find out what the underlying cause is that makes you want to confess all the time and worry non stop because this is only wearing you out and probably your man out he probably is okay with it yes but soon he could say enough okay .  I just read a new post and you said it pops back up so I would still go see a therapist and dig down into why you need to do this . I am sure it is something more I also have a lot of guilt and so do many others it happens when we have anxiety our minds just hardly ever shut down.

Take care and you will get over this.
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Tags: