Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Infected mole?  (Read 62 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Infected mole?
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »
I had a colorless bump on my leg for...I don't know, actually, but I assumed it was some kind of mole, as I have a similar one on the other leg.  The other day I noticed it was red and sore.  Then it filled with pus, so I assumed a hair follicle under it was irritated (I'm getting a lot of those lately) and popped it, but today it's filled back up with a TON of crap, and the area around it is swollen.  And it bleeds a LOT after popping.  I know bleeding moles are dangerous, but this one bleeds because I keep popping it trying to clear the infection out; but could all this be the result of skin cancer?  I didn't think moles COULD get infected.  I'll be seeing the derm soon anyway - girlfriend notices a weird mole on my back and doesn't think it looks sketchy, but since I can't monitor it for changes it seems smart to get it looked at. 

No idea why I can't just shrug it off like a sane person.  The joys of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Infected mole?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »
It could be an infected hair yes but also sounds like it could be a Boil based on what you are describing , my friend he had a few on his leg and had to get them taken care of by his doctor so try not to keep picking at it and call and maybe go in sooner if it red and swollen.

Take care and this will not kill you okay he is fine and hasn't had any more come up but his did start with hairs on his thigh.

Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Tags: