Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you have other types of anxiety?  (Read 143 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you have other types of anxiety?
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »
Or do you only worry about your health?

I have a lot of anxiety. I think of the worse things that  can happen in any given situation.

Today I have a lot of anxiety and I don't even know why. Like I am feeling the physical and emotions of anxiety but I can't think of anything right now I am really worried about.

Does that happen to anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you have other types of anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
Sometimes I just have generalized anxiety. For the most part, it is usually health related, but I feel like because I am always in a state of heightened anxiety about my heath, it kind of spreads into the other aspects of my life as well, which can be very frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
I believe HA is an outlet of anxiety in general, but of course that's just my opinion.  It's the direction we as HA/hypochondriacs just seem to channel our anxiety to as opposed to other types of anxiety, other fears and phobias.  For whatever reason (seeding events, bad medical experiences or bad experiences with doctors, so on) we channel all of our anxiety subconsciously towards health issues, most of the time irrationally. 

For me HA is my worst anxiety and I feel I only have so much control over it, by I consciously am anxious over other areas of my life such as insecurities about my professional abilities, money worries, spiritual confusion, and a few other things..

Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
I've had anxiety forever, just about.  About all kinds of things.  The health stuff is just one of the more recognizable recurrent themes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael L

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
I mainly have HA, but also legal documents/forms and finances also are a major source of anxiety for me.

Tax time is high anxiety as well as public speaking and social interaction to a point.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
I would have to say that HA is the worst and most anxiety I have.  I worry, though, about EVERYTHING.  I worry about my family and bills and just anything that comes up.  I tend to make everything a big deal and get worried and many times it's for no reason.

I'm also a shy person so I don't feel comfortable meeting new people so I think that would probably fall into the social anxiety category, too. 

I'm just a mess. ;)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
I mainly have HA, but also legal documents/forms and finances also are a major source of anxiety for me.

Tax time is high anxiety as well as public speaking and social interaction to a point.

Oh I can relate..  Thank god for turbo tax and calculators.. For me, math = major anxiety and public speaking is pretty up there for me too.  In my last position I had to speak to the entire company regularly and it was SO TOUGH not to sweat myself soaking wet... 
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
I pretty much have HA, but sometimes it could just be GAD.
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »
Pretty sure I have GAD as well as HA. HA is, as others say, the most prominent, but I constantly get worrying images flooding my mind - worse case scenarios, awful stuff you hear on the news. It's a wonder I leave my house half the time. I find myself picturing these awful, awful things happening to me or people I love. It's kind of soul-destroying, after a while, which is why you have to learn to fight back.

I am learning to deal with it slowly. Recognising that a worry has entered my mind is the first step, the next is to ground yourself in the present, usually through your senses - touch, taste, smell and so on. I think about what my senses are picking up on. That clears my mind (though it is difficult and requires a great deal of effort to do it successfully). The worry is likely to return, either very quickly or in a couple of hours, etc., in which case I acknowledge it as a worry once more and go back to grounding myself in the present. If you practise meditation, this will become easier. The point is not to chase the worry and react to it emotionally. Again, this is extremely hard, especially for those of us with severe and prolonged anxiety, but if you keep practising it you will start to see a difference. On a practical note, I also take evening primrose capsules every day as 90% of my anxiety issues are menstrual related and they do help to combat it somewhat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rogueknits

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
Yep, I have anxiety about lots of things. Right now, my HA is front and center for a few reasons, but if I'm not worried about my health I usually find something else to obsess over. I'm an attorney, so I worry a lot about making a mistake professionally and getting sued. I also worry about my husband dying or losing his job because he is the primary earner in our family. I've always worried. I can remember being 8 and having an anxiety attack at school because I was scared my mom would die in a car accident.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: