Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New terrifying symptoms - help please  (Read 763 times)

Offline LO87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New terrifying symptoms - help please
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
This is just my 2 cents but it sounds like you're just perpetuating a feeling you could have had once and then feared so it happens again and again. You can think about it subconsciously and then bam! You suddenly think of that horrible feeling and it comes back again. It's not really a panic attack or depersonalisation in my opinion, but it sounds like it really depends on your fear of it. You're not going mad, I promise. Anxiety never causes insanity, it just feels that way sometimes :) that's all it is though, just a fear and a thought. Next time it comes on, turn your reaction around. Welcome it, ask for more. You'd be surprised how well this works for people. I know it might seem scary at first, but fighting it isn't working, so you've got nothing to lose. I really think it's something you are perpetuating because you're afraid--when you take the fear away I'm sure these feelings will go too :) the meds will help too, especially bwith physical symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TopBananas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
I wish I could believe that but the 'feeling' isn't simply that, it's like my whole consciousness is taken over and it's only started happening these last couple of days. I just can't explain how I feel normally either, it's horrific
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
U probably have depression as well i know how u feel trust me like your brain is gonna stop working and u r braindead. Just so out of it thats how i feel alot of the time. I was convinced I had a brain tumor bc of this and my dr did a test on me and was like you dont have a tumor,its extreme depression anxiety and panic. Its a horrible feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TopBananas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »
I just haven't ever heard of this sudden surge of complete lack of control and lucidity?
Bookmark and Share

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »
Oh my God... That 2-3 second weird feeling you've described, I GET ALL THE TIME. It's like this sudden self realization... I feel too conscious, like I'm conscious of my own consciousness. And in theory this should be a good feeling... But instead I feel this unimaginable feeling of dread and unwantedness. I feel too exposed, like I've been asleep all my life and I've just woken up. I know how you feel and you aren't alone.

It's such a lonely feeling, because you feel so detached from humanity. You can't talk to anyone about it because they can't even begin to imagine that feeling. It makes me want to cry because I feel unhuman and that is no feeling that anyone should ever have to feel.

What has helped me is simply ignoring those feelings and not dwelling on them. I can't stop them from happening, but I can stop worrying and that makes it better.
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline TopBananas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
That does sound similar to me, it's just so strange and is like a realisation of madness or something strange like that. It's so distressing!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TopBananas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »
And I just don't feel real at all... I can't even explain it I feel it's way more serious. Been back to doctor and he says it's just anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »
Hi Top :action-smiley-065:

When I first started having these type of problems, I wanted to believe in a simple answer to explain what was happening to me! - "It must be a vitamin supplement", all the way to  "Maybe I ate something - that had a parasite and is slowly eating my brain"  B-; - I keeped torturing myself with a list of hundreds possible reasons....  :spineyes:

It is EXTREME - It not explainable to anyone else - with exception of people like myself and others who have actually experienced it. 

I hate it when Drs. throw out the word "It is Just Anxiety!!"  :angry:  "Get over it, just think positive thoughts, you are stressing yourself out" and quick dismissal from my 15 min visit to my Dr.  -  B-;  Thanks for Nothing !!  - was my strongest feeling after my visits... ::)

The word "ANXIETY" is so often used, it is no longer a valid word to accurately describe the pain and confusion and fear it produces.

I mentioned in my previous post, when I first experienced this, it TOOK MONTHS - before I could accept this was happening to me...  :(

As you continue to seek for answers, you can always count a great group of people at this forum, including myself, to vent, to ask questions and keep us updated on your journey to recovery :yes:

Hang in there - you will overcome this!   :grinning-smiley-003:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline TopBananas

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
I really appreciate the support. It's killing me that it's ruining my relationship with my girlfriend now as well. I just can't explain how I'm feeling, it feels far too weird and severe to be anxiety but I'm guessing other people have experienced it? I have to think really hard to talk and it's just not good. The worst part is the fact I can't explain it, I really can't find the words or phrases to explain this horrific, all encompassing confusion and fear I feel. Like I'm living in a mad world
Bookmark and Share

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
I know :( and I hate the fact that out of all the things to feel anxious or weird about... I'm feeling weird about BEING ALIVE!!!

It's obviously anxiety but it's so crippling and my thoughts stack up on each other and no matter how good I feel when I'm distracted, I ALWAYS FEEL THIS WAY AGAIN AFTER I THINK TOO MUCH AGAIN!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Tags: