Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fatal insomnia? or just me being anxious  (Read 690 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: fatal insomnia? or just me being anxious
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »
Thanks sixpack.  One thing I keep worrying about is that FFI or Sporadic Fatal Insomnia says "increased inability to sleep" and my sleep patterns have been getting progressively worse.  Went from sleeping 7 hours, to 5, to 3.  To then waking every hour.  Now it's like I have lost the ability to even drift off.

Should I still be worried  :fragend005:

as vardnas said,  "telling you not to worry is a fool's errand."

I've already explained what is going on... you've developed insomnia for whatever reason now you've attached the idea of fatal insomnia.  that is what hypos do.....  hop, skip and jump over the REAL problem to some catastrophic rare thing.   Don't look anything up either by googling.  hypos are not in the frame of mind to see any information clearly or rationally..

so do you have sporadic fatal insomnia?    As I said in the other two posts---No you don't.  you have insomnia brought on or made worse by your anxious over thinking.  The more you worrying about falling to sleep the more likely that you won't.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline glc518

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help.  I can't help worrying it's so bad for me.  I called out of work yesterday (the 9th) due to the horrific night of sleep I got before.  At that point it had been 5 days since any rest at all.  My boss told me to take it easy and as soon as she said those words, a wave of relief washed over me and at 6am (when I called out) it's like my brain switched off and finally let me sleep.  I had broken sleep all the way up till about 11:30am.

I got up, ate some breakfast, showered, and was going to head to the doctor, then I decided to watch tv to wait out the thunderstorm.  At 1:15 i ended up zonking out on the couch until 3:30. hehe.

Went to the doctor later, she prescribed some more Ativan to help calm my nerves.  Only to be used at bedtime and .5mg should do it.  She said to take two tonight so that my body gets fully rested..

I took it at 10:15, and was knocked out by 11:15 (i had to take two but spaced them apart).  I slept all night until my alarm went off.  It's crazy how fast the pills worked.  I don't even remember closing my eyes.

She said to take the Ativan at night for 5 days and then hopefully my body will be regulated to sleep again. 

Sorry for the long update, it is just nice to get it all written out.  I feel better after one night of sleep (about 7-8 hours worth). 

:yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
I am glad you got some sleep   ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: