Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Swollen gland back right side of neck  (Read 120 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Swollen gland back right side of neck
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:46:06 AM »
Not on left side just on right. I don't THINK I noticed it before I saw the chiropractor yesterday and he cracked my neck.  But it's been there 20 hours. Not sure why just right side one is "noticeable" when I rub my neck. Not sure if it's related to my pressure in head and off balance feeling. They say brain tumors headaches are worse in morning from laying all night right? I am having a dull headache and I wonder if it was a brain tumor if from laying all night would have my off balance feeling worse upon waking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rogueknits

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swollen gland back right side of neck
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:29:41 PM »
I have one at the base of my skull on one side that is always swollen/palpable. I asked the doctor about it when I noticed it 2 years ago and she said it was within the range of "normal" and not anything to worry about. Sometimes I still worry, but it's been there for at least 2 years (was probably there longer before I noticed it) and I haven't been diagnosed with a brain tumor or cancer yet. And swollen glands from infection/injury can take a while to go away (weeks, not hours). Rubbing at it will irritate it and could make it swell even more. Lots of things can cause headaches--are you dehydrated? Lack of sleep? Sinus congestion? Could even be from the chiropractic adjustment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swollen gland back right side of neck
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »
Is it near your ear? I got a swollen gland right below my ear several months ago and right after I noticed that I came down with a cold. Do you feel like you are getting sick? Maybe you need some extra vitamin C and some rest. I bet it is more than likely something like that, hope you feel better! Also, from experience, stop touching the swollen gland! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: