Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When you think no one understands ....read this.  (Read 85380 times)

Offline kina

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When you think no one understands ....read this.
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »
Omg I love the way you use your words I just started her on this site. And I restarted my lexapro and buspirone about a month ago just waiting to feel better
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nomadah

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »
Oh wow.  Just oh, wow...

How beautifully written.

And I so understand not being understood by people, Dr.'s, ect.

I have a fear of medication (because of health anxiety I feel they might give me cancer - stupid, I know, and because my mother is addicted to all kinds of prescription meds). 

However, recently, it might be the way to go for me.

I'm so glad someone finally heard you.

Your writing is so beautiful.  Do you have published works?  If not, why not ;D  And if so, what are they?  I'd love to read more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie204

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
This is my first visit to anxiety zone and this post is a lovely welcome letter. Your post has made me feel less alone with my struggle with fear, panick and anxiety, thank you from a newbie  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gigi14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »
wow im a newbie here and your post is exactly me and my experiences but you have given me hope that there is someone out there who does understand im not alone phew thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline thene0n

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
This post is what gave me the courage to join this forum, and share my story and ask for help.
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brume

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #350 on: March 31, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
I've got the same issues as well. I just don't know what to do any more, the more I try, the more I seem to fail and feel very embarrassed. Things have got to change, but how?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousAlexis

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2014, 03:46:11 PM »
Great post on the importance of finding the right people to have in your life.

I have jumped from therapist to therapist with this disorder, some great, some pretty useless and it can make such a world of difference. It's important to remind ourselves to never give up because there is someone and something out there that can help us. As long as we keep tromping along and fighting the good fight, we are still winning. Even a failure is at least a sign that you tried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrincessPammie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Tiger, your post was amazing! I too am waiting for the book to come out. I just joined this group yesterday. I am seeing positive things already. I wake up every morning feeling very anxious. At times, I'm not ready to get up yet but the anxiousness prevents me from going back to sleep. I am at a loss as to why this happens. It gets better after I'm up for an hour or two, but the nervousness is still there.

My anxiety is better than it was a few years ago. I used to avoid doing a lot of things because I was too nervous. I missed many dinners with friends. I still avoid doing things at times. I cannot go into a big store like Walmart or Meijer and spend a lot of time there. I like to go in, get what I need and leave. My daughter is a Type II diabetic, so she needs to watch her carbs and read labels. Needless to say, she is in the store a minimum of an hour. I've tried going with here on several occasions, but after I'm there for about 30 minutes, I feel the need to leave. She doesn't understand why I won't go with her anymore and gets mad at me. I recently came up with the idea of going out to lunch with her once or twice a month. That I can handle and we get to spend quality time together.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nopuedodormir

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2014, 04:15:55 AM »
Has anyone here found that going to the shrink makes their symptoms worse?
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatieD0405

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Thank you tiger for your post. Some days I feel full of hope and some with hopelessness. I've seen psychiatrists for a few years now and not much has changed since then. I have gotten better about dealing with things but I need some serious help with coping skills and not just depending on medication. I'd like to start a family soon and I know psych meds are not good for the baby. Anyways your post helped me to feel some hope today. Thank you for that!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sapphire98

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2014, 05:45:11 PM »
When I get anxious  and I feel so lonely and that I have no friends
Bookmark and Share

Offline JJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
Thank you for this post. It was beautifully written and heart felt. It gives us hope to find people who are experiencing the same things as us and to meet people who understand. People usually just say "dust it off" and "you're fine" but they don't understand what we're going through. Sometimes it's not always about finding someone who is going through the same experience, just finding someone to listen is enough.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbontheradio

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
Thanks so much for this post. I think it speaks to a problem that many of us encounter: misunderstanding and down-playing.

So many times doctors have actually seemed annoyed with me, especially when it came to my hypochondria. Once a doctor said very rudely: "What you have is not a physical ailment. It's a mental disorder." What she said was not incorrect, but it was said in such a harsh tone and without any offer for real, accessible help.

I've been through a number of medications, all of which have increased complications with panic or come with other unwanted side effects such as increased depression or a sudden onset of suicidal thoughts. After a while of trying to find the right combination I gave up again and have continued to suffer without any form of professional support or medication for a few years now. I hope that reading posts like this one and seeking the support of others suffering with similar issues will give me the courage I need to get back out there and seek a kind and understanding individual who will take me seriously and work with me to make my life better. Because the suffering that comes with anxiety, obsessive thinking, and hypochondria is so hard for those without it to comprehend the severity, I feel that I'm brushed off, pitied, or thought to be a fool. I hope one day it is realized and not stigmatized to the point that help will be less difficult for those suffering to find help and find support in one another.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOGirl76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #358 on: August 03, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
That was beautifully written.  Thank you from a newbie! Luckily I found doctors that have helped, but still have people that don't really understand.  I'm glad I found this place!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dafoi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »
 New here, saying thanks. The constant thinking that I am the only one having these experiences has added to my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share