Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: on medicine  (Read 166 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
on medicine
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:47:53 AM »
So I have an infection on my finger and my doctor gave me antibiotics four times a day. I took one today around 5 and I'm really tired that I'm going to go to bed after I post this. Anyways I'm going to take one in the morning and start the normal schedule. I thought it was a little too much so I looked it up and people were saying horrible things about the medicine effects and then I read that being on too much antibiotics can cause some serious condition. I've been on antibiotics for an ear infection and sinus infection so I'm terrified over here. People were saying how it made them super tired and gave them headaches and that's exactly what I got! I thought it was just my anxiety. I'm terrified to continue the medicine tomorrow but I know I have to. Blah.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 215
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: on medicine
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »
lots of people get freaked out about medications.  they almost look  for issues that could possibly be connected to meds.

my daughter,, when she was 9 to 10 yrs old, was on 500mg of amoxicillin 3X a day  for SIX months to treat Lyme disease.  she is fine. Being she was on them for a long time, the big thing we looked for was stomach issues.  so we made sure she took probiotics and I had her eat yogurt.

the deal is meds are necessary.  they sometimes have annoying side effects. However what is the alternative?  Not take a prescribed medicine and allow an infection (in your case) to take over and make worse problems?  In my daughter's case, was I supposed to let Lyme disease ruin her because I was afraid of potential side effects of the amoxicillin? 

IMO--if you have an infection that your doctor felt needed anti-b's, not taking them opens you up to bigger issues than being tired and having a headache (which, truthfully could still be a product of anxious thinking----self fulfilling prophecy).   Don't let your fear make decisions for you.  In the end, of course, it is up to you.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »
Yeah you're right. Im going to take the medication. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
I do have a question about dosing. It says four times a day. On the paper it says that it's usually every 6-12 hours but on the bottom it says to evenly space them out during the day. As of right now I'm doing 6 hours space. So I took one at 9:12am, I'm going to take my next one at 3:12 pm, the other two is 9:12pm and 3:12am? Does that seem right? It seems like a hassle to wake up at 3 in the morning to take the pill. I already called the pharmacist but he didn't speak good English so I didn't get much help. All I understood was him saying that I should try to take it around that time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 215
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:56:47 PM »
you don't have to be THAT precise.   Personally I would try to get on a 6, 12, 6, 12.    However you can do it 9,,3,9,3.  don't worry about 12 minutes.  those 12 minutes don't make a hill of beans of a difference
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:58:23 PM »
Oh okay. 6, 12, 6, 12 sounds way better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: