Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I know what started my brain tumor fear. It was my doctor.  (Read 143 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was trying to pin point exactly what caused me to think I had a brain tumor. It was when I had my second doctors appointment with my primary doctor. This was at the end of march and she had already given me antibiotic that didn't seem to help too well. And I was already full of anxiety by this time cause the off balance feeling was triggering my anxiety up real bad cause of my sinus infection. When she walked in the room she was like, you still aren't any better? And I told her not really. And she looked at me kind of strange and puzzled and looked down at my chart and said these words "well we can do a ct scan to see what's going on". My anxiety shot up big time. I thought at that time she thought something was going on with my brain. Wouldn't that had scared you? If she had said, we can do a ct scan of the sinuses to see what's going on then that would have been better. So that's when I thought she thought I had a brain tumor. She gave me two choices, she said we could do the scan or the cheaper way would me seeing an ent. So I went with ent cause I was scared to death to have a ct scan at this time cause of her words. So I told her I was worried about a brain tumor and she then said I worried too much. So that made me feel somewhat better. She did another small neurological exam and said Eveything looked fine and she was just not sure what was causing me to feel off balance. Which worried me more. So that's when the brain tumor fear started and google made it worse cause after that is when I started googling. And now it's a come and go fear. But that's what made me begin this fear. And even after the ct scan of my sinuses and brain was relief but coming home hearing someone on another forum saying she and I had the same symptoms and same tumor and to get an MRI cause she was misdiagnosed with her headaches being stress is what made me start doubting once again. The fear still comes and goes. Mainly because of my symptoms are still around cause obviously my sinus infection never went completely away. And I know my anxiety is not helping. So that is how mine began. It was how my doctor reacted and her words. I know she wasn't trying to scare me but people like us get scared at anything lol. :(
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
We're all so great at hearing catastrophic things that doctors simply aren't saying, I think.  A lot of us, anyway; i know I am. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yep!
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."